About a Boy
06 April 2020
Did anyone catch this movie starring Hugh Grant? Dear Hugh was a confirmed bachelor, come playboy, in his early thirties unemployed, by choice, living in a well appointed loft in central London, financing his life of idleness from the royalties of his late father's globally successful Christmas song.
Being permanently unemployed,
one of the challenges Hugh faced daily was how to spend his time. Fortunately, some years earlier he'd developed a strategy to while away his day and fend off boredom. High divided his day into "units of time".
- Showering. One unit.
- Breakfast. One unit.
- Internet research. Two units.
And so on.
Following his lead, we've laid out our days in a similar fashion. Breakfast. One unit. Morning exercise. One unit; etc......
However, unlike Hugh, we're confined to the boat and the hotel grounds. Nonetheless, we seem to be able to fill our days.
- Morning exercise with Ian and Suzie - 2 units ( Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/213402376554845/?ref=share )
- Revising and updating "To-Do" list. 1 unit.
- Polishing what you vaguely remember polishing two days ago. 2 units.
- Decent paced walk around the resort. 2 units.
- Adjusting bow and stern lines to ease stepping aboard. 0.5 units.
- Sorting my ten year collection of boat cards into alphabetical order. 1 unit.
- Evening exercise with Ian and Suzie. 2 units.
And on it goes until you go completely and utterly round the twist. Ironically, with all this exercise, there's more chance of me snuffing it from a heart attack than from the old virus.
Best of luck readers!