Time Warp

19 December 2011 | Seattle, Washington
19 November 2011 | Seattle, WA
28 September 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
05 August 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
01 August 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
23 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina, Oak Harbor, WA
18 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina
15 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina
10 July 2011 | 350 nm off Cape Flattery
07 July 2011 | Somewhere out in the Big Pond
01 July 2011 | 37N; 153W
01 July 2011 | 36N; 155W
28 June 2011 | 29N; 157W
25 June 2011 | Poor Boyz Yacht Club, Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Honolulu
22 June 2011 | Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Honolulu, Hawaii
21 June 2011 | Lahaina, Maui
11 June 2011 | 20.5N; 151W
11 June 2011 | 18.5N; 148W
11 June 2011 | 18.5N; 144W

Farewell Schwarzeneggers

10 August 2010 | Bastia, Corsica
Peter
What a circus it was to get water at Isole Giglio. We were told there was non-potable water available at the ferry quay. But after being put off from there for a day and a half, and running dangerously low of water - we finally just went for it one morning. We side-tied to the quay (in the middle of a rain shower!), filled up, and got out of there before a ferry could kick us out. It was a bit hectic and nerve-wracking, but mission accomplished.

After Giglio (which now seems like eons ago!) we headed north to the island of Elba. Elba is a very large island just off the coast of Tuscany with lots of bays and inlets that make for nice anchorages. The island is very green - even in the heat of summer! Elba is where Napoleon was exiled to when he finally met his demise. Being so close to the mainland, Elba was very crowded with lots of wake from power boats. But with big anchorages, we were able to anchor without feeling like we knew what the neighbors were having for dinner.

From Elba we headed west to the French island of Corsica. We are able to anchor in the inner harbor with stern lines ashore - all for free! So we will stay an extra day and check out the town. Already it is a bit strange. Italian is sort of like Spanish. So in Italy I was able to get by in a pinch. But French has no resemblance to anything, and for that I must pay!

We said farewell to the Schwarzeneggers this morning. Actually, it is Michael Zwarts and Joyce Eggers. But it is too much fun not to pass on the opportunity to combine names!! We had a ton of fun with them. They got hit with a spot of really nasty weather early on which put the whole week in limbo at first. But then the weather cooperated and we/they were able to let our hair down and have some fun!

And Michael was particularly helpful after I managed to put a big gash in my left hand in Giglio unjamming the anchor from the bow roller. I taped up the hand, but it bled for a long time. Between the blood and the bit of nerve damage, it is/was out of action for a week or so. I probably should have gotten a couple of stitches, but I guess I will just wear a badge of courage (scar) from the ordeal.

So Michael was most helpful on the halyards and heavy jobs like lifting the outboard motor. We were sorry to see them get on the ferry for Nice this morning, and I am sure Will will be missing swimming and playing with their daughter, Alex.
Comments
Vessel Name: Time Warp
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Seattle, WA
Crew: Peter, Ruth & Will
About:
Seattle-based crew out for 3-4 years. We'll start in the Med in Spring, 2009, visit the Caribbean, Panama Canal, So. Pacific, and eventually end up in Oz. After that? Who knows! Peter is an avid sailor and world-class racer. Ruth is learning to sail, and Will is a very good youth sailor. [...]

Who: Peter, Ruth & Will
Port: Seattle, WA