Time Warp

19 December 2011 | Seattle, Washington
19 November 2011 | Seattle, WA
28 September 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
05 August 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
01 August 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
23 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina, Oak Harbor, WA
18 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina
15 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina
10 July 2011 | 350 nm off Cape Flattery
07 July 2011 | Somewhere out in the Big Pond
01 July 2011 | 37N; 153W
01 July 2011 | 36N; 155W
28 June 2011 | 29N; 157W
25 June 2011 | Poor Boyz Yacht Club, Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Honolulu
22 June 2011 | Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Honolulu, Hawaii
21 June 2011 | Lahaina, Maui
11 June 2011 | 20.5N; 151W
11 June 2011 | 18.5N; 148W
11 June 2011 | 18.5N; 144W

Storage Space Needed

07 January 2011 | St. Georgestown, Grenada
Peter
This is going out to those of you in the Seattle area following this blog. We have stored a bunch of our stuff with a friend, but now it is time for it to move. We are wondering if anyone has some space out there where we could stash some of our household belongings. We need a space about 15' x 15' x 8'. We would prefer a situation where we wouldn't have to pay, but if we need to I guess we can try to cough up some cash. If you have some space, or know of someone who has some space you could turn us onto, we would greatly appreciate it.

We checked into Grenada at the island of Carriacou (not to be confused with Curacao further to the south). We had a nice evening in a very large and crowded anchorage at Tyrell Bay. I was able to get a good swim in before the sun set and we had one of the native boat people row over to our boat and ask if we were interested in any oysters. I had heard they were growing on the mangroves so I worked a deal of 15 EC (East Caribbean dollars or $6 USD) for a dozen - but he needed to deliver by 0900 the next day as we had a 40 nm sail down to the island of Grenada.

Sure enough this morning he shows up at 0900. The oysters are small and flat. He opened and prepped about 18 of them before I told them to stop. Those 18 weren't quite a full dozen like you might get in Seattle, but I knew Will and Ruth weren't game and there are only so many oysters a sailor can eat, if ya know what I mean!!!! 

From there we had a pretty uneventful sail down to this island. We were sailing with another cat, and that made it sort of fun. But I swear - we weren't racing!! Then, with about 5 nm to go, the webbing on the head of the jib parts again. It had done so summer before last as we were approaching Paros, Greece. I stitched new webbing onto the head, but it wore through. I am gonna have to figure out a better fix this time.

We pulled into St. Georgestown harbor (while the cat continued south). This harbor is really well protected - so protected that there isn't even much wind to keep us cool with. As soon as we drop anchor in a tight little spot a marina guy comes over by boat to tell us we have to move. Except the windlass motor decides to go on vacation! So here we are "under the gun" by the marina and unable to move. After unpacking the forward locker to get to the windlass electric box, I ended up banging on the windlass itself with a ball-peen hammer and presto!, the windlass starts working. But between the jib busting and the windlass acting up, it wasn't the brightest of afternoons. I sat down, had a cold beer, and life became much better!! (Thank you very much!) In the middle of the windlass-fixing circus I had said a prayer, and I think that might have had a better effect.

In any case, it freed us up to row the dinghy ashore and provision at FoodLand - except I had forgotten to wear a shirt ashore and they wouldn't let me into the store! But I turned a basket of lemons into lemonade just the same - while I was waiting I worked a deal with a couple of locals. We got 6 mangoes for 10 EC ($4) and a loofa sponge for 5 EC ($2).

So that was our day! How was yours?!! And if you know where we can store our stuff...thanks.
Comments
Vessel Name: Time Warp
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Seattle, WA
Crew: Peter, Ruth & Will
About:
Seattle-based crew out for 3-4 years. We'll start in the Med in Spring, 2009, visit the Caribbean, Panama Canal, So. Pacific, and eventually end up in Oz. After that? Who knows! Peter is an avid sailor and world-class racer. Ruth is learning to sail, and Will is a very good youth sailor. [...]

Who: Peter, Ruth & Will
Port: Seattle, WA