Time Warp

19 December 2011 | Seattle, Washington
19 November 2011 | Seattle, WA
28 September 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
05 August 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
01 August 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
23 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina, Oak Harbor, WA
18 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina
15 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina
10 July 2011 | 350 nm off Cape Flattery
07 July 2011 | Somewhere out in the Big Pond
01 July 2011 | 37N; 153W
01 July 2011 | 36N; 155W
28 June 2011 | 29N; 157W
25 June 2011 | Poor Boyz Yacht Club, Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Honolulu
22 June 2011 | Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Honolulu, Hawaii
21 June 2011 | Lahaina, Maui
11 June 2011 | 20.5N; 151W
11 June 2011 | 18.5N; 148W
11 June 2011 | 18.5N; 144W

Time Warp Charters!!

13 March 2011 | Saba Rock, Virgin Gorda
Peter
Well, it is official….sort of. We have figured out what we are going to do when we get back to Seattle. And that is to do week-long, crewed charters to the San Juans! We will do a ‘trial run’ this August and Sept. to work out the details with 1-5 weeks, and then likely go ‘whole hog’ starting with the Seattle Boat Show in January. We may also do the Inside Passage next summer and open up legs of that passage to charter.

It is rather exciting to put it all together as it involves a fair amount of creativity – where to go, the menu, things to do to spruce up the boat. It is all a lot of fun putting this together, as anyone knows who has had a new project to get excited about. Being a bit of an entertainer myself, this little venture should work to my strengths. I guess we’ll see.

We expect to arrive back in the Pacific Northwest in early/mid-July and that should allow us enough time to clean the boat up and get her ready for chartering. We will have room for four guests in the two aft staterooms. Will will be my first mate and he and I will bunk in the v-berth. Ruth will stay ashore with friends or in a hotel while we are gone (at least until we can move back into our home).

Plans are to try to rent a two-person (Hobie) kayak from one of our Hobie friends for our guests and I will also emphasize teaching sailing to those that are interested. There will be hiking and exploring ashore that should be a lot of fun. Preliminary stops will include Sucia Island, Roche Harbor, and Friday Harbor. We have a gourmet menu initially laid out which will be both delicious and nutritious, and should be a lot of fun.

So spread the word!! If you or someone you know would like to sail the San Juans this fall, let us know! Send me an email at nelson.peter1(at)live.com. We’d appreciate any assistance with our launch. Thanks.
Comments
Vessel Name: Time Warp
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Seattle, WA
Crew: Peter, Ruth & Will
About:
Seattle-based crew out for 3-4 years. We'll start in the Med in Spring, 2009, visit the Caribbean, Panama Canal, So. Pacific, and eventually end up in Oz. After that? Who knows! Peter is an avid sailor and world-class racer. Ruth is learning to sail, and Will is a very good youth sailor. [...]

Who: Peter, Ruth & Will
Port: Seattle, WA