Time Warp

19 December 2011 | Seattle, Washington
19 November 2011 | Seattle, WA
28 September 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
05 August 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
01 August 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
23 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina, Oak Harbor, WA
18 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina
15 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina
10 July 2011 | 350 nm off Cape Flattery
07 July 2011 | Somewhere out in the Big Pond
01 July 2011 | 37N; 153W
01 July 2011 | 36N; 155W
28 June 2011 | 29N; 157W
25 June 2011 | Poor Boyz Yacht Club, Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Honolulu
22 June 2011 | Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Honolulu, Hawaii
21 June 2011 | Lahaina, Maui
11 June 2011 | 20.5N; 151W
11 June 2011 | 18.5N; 148W
11 June 2011 | 18.5N; 144W

Full day in SJdS

15 May 2011 | San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Peter
At last -- at 22 cordoba to the dollar -- I think I have found "home". That one place I have been looking for for the past two years where the American dollar will convert to some cheap living. The Med didn't have it with the euro at $1.40, and the Caribbean was expensive because all they do is get stuff shipped down from the US and put a mark-up on it. But Nicaragua has finally provided some relief.

We had a big day in harbor yesterday. Being Saturday, and with businesses closed on Sunday (today), I had a long list of things I wanted to get accomplished. With Scottie's great help, we were able to get most, if not all, of them done.

We got two loads of jerrying jugs of diesel to the boat (incl. two of Scottie’s that we borrowed for the task) and topped off the fuel. We also topped off the water in both tanks. Got the laundry done. Bought more (Nicaraguan) rum and provisions. Bought vegetables and fruits from two street vendors and an organic farm that came down and delivered. What else?

In between we would visit back at Scott and Katie’s AIR CONDITIONED salon. I decided to get a massage tomorrow. $30 or 35 for one hour! Plus they gave me a bunch of great business ideas.

Scott and Katie seem to be doing wonderfully well. Besides the massage business, they sell this awesome chocolate from Managua (I am hoping to maybe get a distributorship on – this stuff is THE best!) It won a big world chocolate award this year and for good reason. They have cold-pressed coconut oil, which would put 'vegetable oil' to shame. They make a mosquito repellent out of coconut oil and some essential oils (lavender, rosemary, etc.), and they sell a bunch of other stuff. I saw their daughter, Sara, give one pedicure and book another! They got it going!!

Everything is so cheap here. 50 cents for a pineapple. 25 cents per mango. $7 fora load of wash (with dry and fold). You are probably wondering if that is a deal cuz in America it seems much less. But believe me, we were paying upwards of 20 euro ($28) per load!! In Naples, Italy I paid $100 to get something like 3 loads done!! $8 for dinner (with 3 beers!). We went to the circus last night and $3 bought us ringside seats. OK, it was no Cirque d'Soleil. But 3 bucks?

Today I hope to body surf at the beach before heading to Katie's for the massage. I think we are gonig to take it easy today and rest so we will be well rested when we shove off tomorrow.

After a shower ashore, Jim and I will go out to another cheap dinner with Scott and Katie and Sara and then we will treat them to the circus that is in town – including a live circus ostrich! (OK, I really don’t know what I am talking about, but I HAVE seen the ostrich!!) At 22 cordoba to the dollar, life is cheap here and the reins are loosened a bit. We are having a ton of fun here.

Tomorrow I will body surf on the beach, then get my massage. That is all I have planned. I may make them dinner aboard Time Warp. Not sure. At the beach the locals not only play beach volleyball, but – are you ready for this – beach baseball!! The beach is big enough (and flat enough for an outfield and everything!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Time Warp
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Seattle, WA
Crew: Peter, Ruth & Will
About:
Seattle-based crew out for 3-4 years. We'll start in the Med in Spring, 2009, visit the Caribbean, Panama Canal, So. Pacific, and eventually end up in Oz. After that? Who knows! Peter is an avid sailor and world-class racer. Ruth is learning to sail, and Will is a very good youth sailor. [...]

Who: Peter, Ruth & Will
Port: Seattle, WA