Time Warp

19 December 2011 | Seattle, Washington
19 November 2011 | Seattle, WA
28 September 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
05 August 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
01 August 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
23 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina, Oak Harbor, WA
18 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina
15 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina
10 July 2011 | 350 nm off Cape Flattery
07 July 2011 | Somewhere out in the Big Pond
01 July 2011 | 37N; 153W
01 July 2011 | 36N; 155W
28 June 2011 | 29N; 157W
25 June 2011 | Poor Boyz Yacht Club, Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Honolulu
22 June 2011 | Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Honolulu, Hawaii
21 June 2011 | Lahaina, Maui
11 June 2011 | 20.5N; 151W
11 June 2011 | 18.5N; 148W
11 June 2011 | 18.5N; 144W

Fitting out the boat

08 December 2008 | Portsmouth, RI
Today was a better day than a lot of them. Didn't get a whole lot done compared to some of the other days, but some things happened to make it well.

Woke up and it was soooo cold. The high today was 29 deg.!! The good news is it is supposed to warm up by 21 deg. tomorrow. High tomorrow should be 50!!! The sky is clear, which is why it is so cold. Funny thing...did you ever know that when the clouds clear there is a big, yellow ball in the sky? It's there all day along!!

Pipes froze this morning. I had to go out and get a heater at Home Depot to try to thaw things out a bit. We'll see if anything breaks later. Right now there is no water on the boat to check systems. I am hopeful we'll be all right, and a little more confident the boat was able to withstand the freeze than I normally am. Not sure why. Installed the drinking water filter today. None of the water lines I dealt with were broken. So we'll see.

The stainless stell water tank under the V-berth bed came out today. Man, that thing was heavy. It was all corroded and leaking, so we'll have to replace it. Bummer is that we can't get one in time so I'll have to do it in S. Carolina. One more thing for SC!! I am going to be one busy boy once we get there! The good news is that I will save some $ installing it myself. I am bleeding cash and over budget, so anything helps.

Right now we are in the mode of waiting for parts to arrive (Tues. and Wed.) before installing some stuff, and running down the hard-to-get stuff. I went to 4 different places today trying to run down a (metric) plumbing part for the water filter. I never found it, but I made some great headway and think I will have the project finished up soon.

The MaxProp (propeller) didn't fit the shaft -- wrong taper. So that was sent off to a machine shop and should be back Wed. The boat is pretty tore apart waiting for parts to arrive. Besides the work the boatyard is doing, there'll be new cushions. That should look good and help make the space nice.

The boat is in a huge marina area with a ton of service companies. US SAILING offices are there, too. I haven't visited them yet, but I plan to. The boatyard, New England Boatworks is HUGE. Takes up probably 10 acres. Lots of maxis and money!! Our 45-footer is a baby!

The timing of this thing is way out of whack. Assuming we can splash the boat this week -- and that is a big IF -- it'll still take a few days to check out systems, a few days to sea trail and probably 8-10 days or so to Charleson, SC. So I am still trying to figure out the timing for the delivery. .
Comments
Vessel Name: Time Warp
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Seattle, WA
Crew: Peter, Ruth & Will
About:
Seattle-based crew out for 3-4 years. We'll start in the Med in Spring, 2009, visit the Caribbean, Panama Canal, So. Pacific, and eventually end up in Oz. After that? Who knows! Peter is an avid sailor and world-class racer. Ruth is learning to sail, and Will is a very good youth sailor. [...]

Who: Peter, Ruth & Will
Port: Seattle, WA