Time Warp

19 December 2011 | Seattle, Washington
19 November 2011 | Seattle, WA
28 September 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
05 August 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
01 August 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
23 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina, Oak Harbor, WA
18 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina
15 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina
10 July 2011 | 350 nm off Cape Flattery
07 July 2011 | Somewhere out in the Big Pond
01 July 2011 | 37N; 153W
01 July 2011 | 36N; 155W
28 June 2011 | 29N; 157W
25 June 2011 | Poor Boyz Yacht Club, Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Honolulu
22 June 2011 | Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Honolulu, Hawaii
21 June 2011 | Lahaina, Maui
11 June 2011 | 20.5N; 151W
11 June 2011 | 18.5N; 148W
11 June 2011 | 18.5N; 144W

Rebound

12 December 2008
Peter
Today went better...it had to! The new rudder got put in today, so that was pretty cool. And the rain stopped! Man it rained yesterday! I've been to a lot of places where people say "If you don't like the weather just wait 5 min." But this place fits it better than I have ever seen!

Today started out with leftover rain from yesterday. About 1500 the sun broke out and the sky cleared. Tomorrow will be pretty cold, then it will warm. I am going to sand and paint the bottom tomorrow and let it dry over Sunday. Monday the high is in the 50s and I plan to get a 2nd coat on then.


But not before a near scare! I went back to the boat this afternoon and realized the boat was still in the sling of the travellift from when they lifted the boat up to put the rudder on! There are 2 big straps around my boat. I can't sand and paint around that! Fortunately, some of the management boys (who don't get OT!) will be in tomorrow and they can move the travellift.

I had some tabbing in the v-berth that had broken away from the hull. So this afternoon I tented off the space and ground it out. I won't re-fiberglass till we get south and it gets a little warmer. But at least that messy job is out of the way. Don't want to do that while we are living aboard!!

There is one main highway and it is a 4-laner. The state is so broke that it is pretty bumpy. But there is no turn lane. What makes driving really fun is you'll be driving along in the fast lane and someone will throw on their turn signal. You have to try to find a spot in the long string of cars next to you to dive in to get around the turning car. Why they can't put a 5th turning lane in is beside me -- other than they are flat broke! It makes for some wierd driving.

I made plans to come home on Monday, 12/22. I'll have Christmas, then turn right around and head back to get ready for the delivery. New Years in NY??
Comments
Vessel Name: Time Warp
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Seattle, WA
Crew: Peter, Ruth & Will
About:
Seattle-based crew out for 3-4 years. We'll start in the Med in Spring, 2009, visit the Caribbean, Panama Canal, So. Pacific, and eventually end up in Oz. After that? Who knows! Peter is an avid sailor and world-class racer. Ruth is learning to sail, and Will is a very good youth sailor. [...]

Who: Peter, Ruth & Will
Port: Seattle, WA