East Coast week 2 +
28 July 2021 | Orient NY
Torben & Judy Bentsen | Very nice
Scuppers and Judy enjoying the sights of New York Harbor
Some memorable moments from the last few weeks since leaving Beaufort.
• A nice 300 NM sail, almost without having to motor, from Beaufort to Cape May, NJ
• The USCG warning to Mariners about a powerful Thunderstorm at 10 pm off the Chesapeake – it hit us straight on with 40 knots of wind and some rain
• A good get together with Bill H, an old friend who drove 6 hours to say hello
• Hooking up with some folks from Salomon’s Island YC and exchange of burgee’s. They got us a slip at their club for the month of September
• VHF traffic from rude fishermen off the coast of NY/NJ – since this is a family blog we can’t share to many f…….ng remarks
• Entering NY harbor, sailing by the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island – this is where Judy’s dad arrived from Hungary.
• The trip up East River between Brooklyn and Manhattan.
• A fabulous 82 NM sail up Long Island Sound in plenty of breeze averaging over 8.5 knots.
• Orient NY – what a spot!