Cruising Aboard Tobias with Suzie and Kirby

After cruising from Maryland to Nova Scotia to Florida and then on to the Bahamas we returned to Maryland. Our wonderful TOBIAS is for sale and we are living on land in Charleston, SC. WHAT A WONDERFUL ADVENTURE WE HAD!!!

04 August 2007
22 July 2007
28 June 2007 | Deale, MD
28 June 2007
20 June 2007 | Deale, MD
12 June 2007 | Solomon's Island, MD
10 June 2007
04 June 2007
04 June 2007
01 June 2007
01 June 2007
23 May 2007 | Charleston, SC
16 May 2007 | Beaufort, SC
14 May 2007 | Jekyll Island, Georgia
14 May 2007
14 May 2007

Anchorage Entertainment

03 November 2006 | ICW Mile Marker 244.5
We had a really easy day today because it was too bloody cold to continue! We did 3 hours and that was enough of the cold and the wind.

We found a peaceful quiet anchorage with just a few other boats and set our anchor down before noon.

After a great brunch we spent the afternoon just goofing off. The sun was shinning and it was a beautiful day - just really cold.

Our first entertainment came when a nice 38 ft power catamaran ran aground and had to be towed off. I don't mind being entertained at their expense as I provided it to others just 2 days ago! But the best was yet to come ---

Just before sunset a lovely old motorboat came into the anchorage. It is a really classic beautiful boat and as we were admiring it - we noticed their really strange anchoring practice. Now most boats have a windlass (some electric, some manual) which will put the anchor and the rode (some use chain like us and some use rope) into the water. But not this boat - no, they just took the little anchor, which was attached to some line and heaved it over the side of the boat! Couldn't have been too heavy an anchor - and that is a scary thought. Done!

Now the real work was to begin! Every man on the boat immediately started cleaning the windows so they would be nice and clear for the sunset. (that was all we could figure out!) As soon as the windows were good and clean, the sun set on the clear horizon.

Ok, now that the work is done, it is time to play. Next time I looked, I couldn't believe my eyes. They were all playing golf ontop of the boat!

I have to admit, these folks know how to have fun. Now Kirby wants a bigger boat so that he can hit golf balls off the top of it!
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 35 - TOBIAS is named for a creek in the Sierras where we camped many times, Suzie proposed to Kirby and then spent our honeymoon. We love both the boat TOBIAS and the creek TOBIAS!
Hailing Port: Charleston, SC but we are really from Southern California
Crew: Suzie and Kirby Townsend
Extra:
We are actually from Southern California and sold our last sailboat in Mexico. We decided to go east to purchase our next boat so we traveled to Maryland where we found Tobias. We spent the winter of 2006 living aboard and preparing Tobias to go cruising. In May we departed and headed north. We [...]

Suzie and Kirby

Who: Suzie and Kirby Townsend
Port: Charleston, SC but we are really from Southern California
Thank you for visiting our Blog! Come back often.