Cruising Aboard Tobias with Suzie and Kirby

After cruising from Maryland to Nova Scotia to Florida and then on to the Bahamas we returned to Maryland. Our wonderful TOBIAS is for sale and we are living on land in Charleston, SC. WHAT A WONDERFUL ADVENTURE WE HAD!!!

04 August 2007
22 July 2007
28 June 2007 | Deale, MD
28 June 2007
20 June 2007 | Deale, MD
12 June 2007 | Solomon's Island, MD
10 June 2007
04 June 2007
04 June 2007
01 June 2007
01 June 2007
23 May 2007 | Charleston, SC
16 May 2007 | Beaufort, SC
14 May 2007 | Jekyll Island, Georgia
14 May 2007
14 May 2007

Cape Canaveral

09 December 2006 | Titusville, FL
Sometimes we are just lucky as we sure didn't plan to be here for the space shuttle launch.

We decided to travel today after all as the wind began to lay down. We headed out of the anchorage about 8:30 and didn't get too far when we looked back to check on Auriga and they seemed to not be moving. Sure enough, they were hard aground - suck in the mud. We went back to check on them, determined that there was nothing we could do and decided to continue on knowing that they would call for help and join us soon. But - Rick did some tricks with the boom and the throttle and before we knew it, there they were right behind us. Kirby always says that if you haven't gone aground, it just hasn't been your turn yet! Rick and Tanya have paid their dues.

And on we went towards Titusville and the Space Shuttle Launch which we couldn't have planned any better. It was thrilling to sit on the bow of the boat and watch the sky light up at lift off. It was especially fun for Kirby as he used to work on satellites and the shuttles and had never seen the BIG ONE lift off before. The light that it created was magnificent and lit the whole sky. Seconds later we finally heard the noise of the rocket motors roaring. I think this will be one of the highlights of our trip!
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 35 - TOBIAS is named for a creek in the Sierras where we camped many times, Suzie proposed to Kirby and then spent our honeymoon. We love both the boat TOBIAS and the creek TOBIAS!
Hailing Port: Charleston, SC but we are really from Southern California
Crew: Suzie and Kirby Townsend
Extra:
We are actually from Southern California and sold our last sailboat in Mexico. We decided to go east to purchase our next boat so we traveled to Maryland where we found Tobias. We spent the winter of 2006 living aboard and preparing Tobias to go cruising. In May we departed and headed north. We [...]

Suzie and Kirby

Who: Suzie and Kirby Townsend
Port: Charleston, SC but we are really from Southern California
Thank you for visiting our Blog! Come back often.