Cruising Aboard Tobias with Suzie and Kirby

After cruising from Maryland to Nova Scotia to Florida and then on to the Bahamas we returned to Maryland. Our wonderful TOBIAS is for sale and we are living on land in Charleston, SC. WHAT A WONDERFUL ADVENTURE WE HAD!!!

04 August 2007
22 July 2007
28 June 2007 | Deale, MD
28 June 2007
20 June 2007 | Deale, MD
12 June 2007 | Solomon's Island, MD
10 June 2007
04 June 2007
04 June 2007
01 June 2007
01 June 2007
23 May 2007 | Charleston, SC
16 May 2007 | Beaufort, SC
14 May 2007 | Jekyll Island, Georgia
14 May 2007
14 May 2007

Staniel Cay

10 February 2007
Lorraine of Lorraine's Cafe

We have come back to Staniel Cay as there are festivities today that we don't want to miss - Bake Sale, Raffle, Flea Market, Face Painting for Children, Barbeque, Book Sale and more! Should be fun.

We just spent about 5 days at Black Point Settlement and it was wonderful. The people there are just the best. We made friends just like in Bimini. Especially nice were Lorraine at Lorraine's Caf� and the folks who run Adderly's Market.

They have a small shop where they sell some baskets that the locals make. We watched them sitting on their porches all day long weaving - even some of the men. I purchased a nice straw bag and the lady in the picture was so happy to see me walking with it. She came right up to tell me how much she loves doing the weaving! It made me feel really good to have bought it since this is about the only way these folks make a living.

There is a Laundromat so we did laundry and were able to pick up a few groceries. The sad thing is the way the fresh produce disappears! The supply boat came in about 4:00pm and we had already returned to the boat for the day so decided just to wait until the next day. By 9:15 the next morning a whole case of romaine and all the bananas were gone. Oh, how I had looked forward to some fresh romaine! Oh, well, maybe next time! We did get some Iceberg and some celery.

So, we are back at Staniel Cay Yacht Club doing slow internet and will head to Georgetown soon. After we get to Georgetown, get some food and more cash we will head out again and maybe even come back up here. The water is so beautiful.
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 35 - TOBIAS is named for a creek in the Sierras where we camped many times, Suzie proposed to Kirby and then spent our honeymoon. We love both the boat TOBIAS and the creek TOBIAS!
Hailing Port: Charleston, SC but we are really from Southern California
Crew: Suzie and Kirby Townsend
Extra:
We are actually from Southern California and sold our last sailboat in Mexico. We decided to go east to purchase our next boat so we traveled to Maryland where we found Tobias. We spent the winter of 2006 living aboard and preparing Tobias to go cruising. In May we departed and headed north. We [...]

Suzie and Kirby

Who: Suzie and Kirby Townsend
Port: Charleston, SC but we are really from Southern California
Thank you for visiting our Blog! Come back often.