Cruising Aboard Tobias with Suzie and Kirby

After cruising from Maryland to Nova Scotia to Florida and then on to the Bahamas we returned to Maryland. Our wonderful TOBIAS is for sale and we are living on land in Charleston, SC. WHAT A WONDERFUL ADVENTURE WE HAD!!!

04 August 2007
22 July 2007
28 June 2007 | Deale, MD
28 June 2007
20 June 2007 | Deale, MD
12 June 2007 | Solomon's Island, MD
10 June 2007
04 June 2007
04 June 2007
01 June 2007
01 June 2007
23 May 2007 | Charleston, SC
16 May 2007 | Beaufort, SC
14 May 2007 | Jekyll Island, Georgia
14 May 2007
14 May 2007

Next Chapter!

21 April 2007 | Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas
The picture above is taken from Tobias while we were at Pipe Creek in the Exumas. It was one of our favorite places and that is a good thing because we were there for a week waiting for weather - our favorite thing to do! The picture below is of a squall coming - also Pipe Creek. It was not the worst squall we have had but it did dump rain for a whole day.

Currently we are in Nassau on the island of New Providence. We didn't stop here on our way over in January as it just reminded us of Florida and we were ready to be done with that. Now we want some of that! We are at a marina, there is a big grocery store across the street and last night the four of us (Rick and Tanya and Kirby and I of course) had a wonderful dinner at The Outback Steakhouse. We are doing our final provisioning before heading back to Florida. I think I bought way too much food at way to much money but the choices were so wonderful!! After 4 months of old outdated food and not much of that, this was wonderful! It wasn't Publix or Albertson's but I had a good time anyway!

Tomorrow we will head to the Berry Islands and wait for weather again. It is looking like Tuesday and if the weather is good we will do an overnighter and be in Florida - SOON! And then I will have internet most days and my phone will work again.

We are ready for the next chapter!
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 35 - TOBIAS is named for a creek in the Sierras where we camped many times, Suzie proposed to Kirby and then spent our honeymoon. We love both the boat TOBIAS and the creek TOBIAS!
Hailing Port: Charleston, SC but we are really from Southern California
Crew: Suzie and Kirby Townsend
Extra:
We are actually from Southern California and sold our last sailboat in Mexico. We decided to go east to purchase our next boat so we traveled to Maryland where we found Tobias. We spent the winter of 2006 living aboard and preparing Tobias to go cruising. In May we departed and headed north. We [...]

Suzie and Kirby

Who: Suzie and Kirby Townsend
Port: Charleston, SC but we are really from Southern California
Thank you for visiting our Blog! Come back often.