Cruising Aboard Tobias with Suzie and Kirby

After cruising from Maryland to Nova Scotia to Florida and then on to the Bahamas we returned to Maryland. Our wonderful TOBIAS is for sale and we are living on land in Charleston, SC. WHAT A WONDERFUL ADVENTURE WE HAD!!!

04 August 2007
22 July 2007
28 June 2007 | Deale, MD
28 June 2007
20 June 2007 | Deale, MD
12 June 2007 | Solomon's Island, MD
10 June 2007
04 June 2007
04 June 2007
01 June 2007
01 June 2007
23 May 2007 | Charleston, SC
16 May 2007 | Beaufort, SC
14 May 2007 | Jekyll Island, Georgia
14 May 2007
14 May 2007

09 May 2007
We are still at Jekyll Island waiting on "Andrea" - the season's first tropical storm. I am not really complaining though because I love it so much here. The weather has not been too bad yet - just a little rain today. We are quite protected from the winds - snuggled up tight.

Yesterday we took the marina bikes and rode to the Historical section of the island. It is so beautiful with the huge, sprawling, moss draped oak trees and the manicured lawns. We stopped at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel for lunch on the terrace and then continued our tour until our bottoms gave out. It was really fun watching all the "seniors" on bicycles - it was almost dangerous - myself included!

We have had two barbeques in the picnic area now. Last night we had just a little bit of sprinkles but not enough to drive us away.

We don't know if we will be able to leave tomorrow or not. It depends on "Andrea" and what she decides to do. Our friends "Smiles" and "Barefootin'" both had to give up their slips today and to leave in this storm. (a small cruise ship will be tying up where they were) We will call them later to make certain they are safe and hunkered down.
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 35 - TOBIAS is named for a creek in the Sierras where we camped many times, Suzie proposed to Kirby and then spent our honeymoon. We love both the boat TOBIAS and the creek TOBIAS!
Hailing Port: Charleston, SC but we are really from Southern California
Crew: Suzie and Kirby Townsend
Extra:
We are actually from Southern California and sold our last sailboat in Mexico. We decided to go east to purchase our next boat so we traveled to Maryland where we found Tobias. We spent the winter of 2006 living aboard and preparing Tobias to go cruising. In May we departed and headed north. We [...]

Suzie and Kirby

Who: Suzie and Kirby Townsend
Port: Charleston, SC but we are really from Southern California
Thank you for visiting our Blog! Come back often.