The story of Topaz Rival

Sailing adventures of one man and his dog. Please feel free to leave a comment!

Time for sailing again?

Here are a new clock and barometer for Topaz Rival - the hands of the old clock have fallen off and are sadly lying at the bottom of the glass. However, we will have to wait to put them in place as Baltic Wharf is not reopening until Thursday next week unlike many marinas which are already allowing boat owners on board. We have been trying to fix up the last remaining bits of work to be carried out asap and the new plan is to launch sometime in the first week of June. The yard is not taking bookings for relaunch until after the Bank Holiday but hopefully we will be early in the queue as we had a launch booked on 31 March. It will be good to get the boat back in the water, although options then remain limited. At the moment, it is possible to go for day sails only - overnights are not permitted for some reason. I guess this is for the government to appease second home owners and caravan parks which might get upset if boat owners were allowed to stay even though it’s hard to imagine a more socially distanced person than someone at anchor somewhere!

Comments




Previous | List | Random | Next