The story of Topaz Rival

Sailing adventures of one man and his dog. Please feel free to leave a comment!

Out of the mud

Topaz Rival has left the mud of Hayling Island after six months over winter. Thank you Hayling Yacht Company, a really friendly place and a marina unlike nearly all those on the south coast of the UK. The last act in Hayling was to have the hull cleaned and polished and you can now see your face in the shiny gel coat. Unfortunately, we (crew member Richard and I) were an hour late leaving Hayling so missed the tidal cill at Southsea Marina. As a result, we are perched on the waiting pontoon until we are able to enter the marina proper. We have high winds today and tomorrow which will make manoeuvring difficult in the tight turns inside and will probably stay out here until Friday when conditions calm down a bit. Still the showers are spacious, clean and warm and we have all we need. The fridge is reconnected to the water under our keel and we are floating again for a full 24 hours a day. The stack pack for the mainsail has also been delayed at Sanders Sails in Lymington but hopefully, it will be ready by early next week. Bit by bit, things are being crossed off the list....


Comments




Previous | List | Random | Next