The story of Topaz Rival

Sailing adventures of one man and his dog. Please feel free to leave a comment!

Gently at anchor

Quietly at anchor in Camarinas, a lovely spot close to two beaches and a small town. The plan was to leave from Corme before a southerly wind kicked up and luckily it worked and we arrived here around lunchtime - again to a series of loud bangs celebrating the fishing festival here too. The partying carried on until the early hours, but Buzz and I were far enough from the harbour not to be too bothered by disco music at 4 am. As the journey was only 20 miles or so, I opted to tow the dinghy and this worked well in the smooth seas. The only disappointment was that I was looking forward to some Galician octopus or similar in the beach bar Sarah, Elwyn and I visited last year but unfortunately it was closed on Sunday nights although I did get a single beer before they started hoovering up around us and putting chairs on table - a pretty hefty hint that it was time to go back to the boat. Looks like we will be here until Wednesday, as by then the southerly winds will have turned by 180 degrees to blow us south. Topaz is the boat furthest to the left in the picture.


Comments




Previous | List | Random | Next