SV Mistress LSYC

23 January 2015 | Green Turtle Cay
07 January 2015 | Palm Beach
10 December 2014 | St Augustine FL
28 November 2014 | 31 25.000N 81 25.000W
19 November 2014 | Charleston, SC
18 November 2014 | Charleston SC
02 November 2014 | Elizabeth City NC
30 October 2014 | Hampton YC in Hampton VA.
14 October 2014 | Annapolis Boat Show
04 October 2014 | NYC Harbour
03 October 2014 | Sandy Hook NJ
30 September 2014 | 79th W Boat Basin

Annapolis still, and that's OK

23 October 2014
After a whirlwind trip back to Toronto to finalize a lot of little things and visit friends we are back in Annapolis. Spending the past month or so on the boat had us in a rhythm of our 36x12.5 ft space. Returning and staying at our son’s and friends’ places seemed surreal - sleeping in a normal bed and having lots of space to wander, steps instead of companionway stairs.
But here we sit in the Starbucks in Annapolis our temporary home away from home in this harbour. We’ve been using the internet here to look for a weather window that will allow us a good trip to Cambridge, Solomon’s Island area, Hampton and beyond.
We returned from Toronto to summery weather and Greig was in shorts and t-shirt for our dinghy ride back to Mistress. (How do you say thanks to someone that took care of your boat and then even picked you up to bring you home? BEER the ultimate thank you! Oh yeah, and also decorated the entire boat with beer cozies.) I’m still laughing at the places we found the little neoprene beer coolers.
Greig has a friend here who kindly loaned us his truck to pick up fuel, LPG, groceries and other miscellaneous errands. Thank goodness because with the rain yesterday, I was going to call Noah for an ark if we were not living on Mistress. High winds, waves and showers that were forecast to end by noon but continued until we made it back to the boat at 19:00 hrs
Spent the last few days doing maintenance, change the oil, empty the water out of the dingy, empty the water out of the dingy again, and again... and finding storage for our new finds at the boat show.
We plan to do a lot of anchoring for the next several weeks and the weather forecast looks like it will cooperate for the next 5 or so days when we plan to head into the ICW. A few 30 knot days and the next part of the journey Dismal Swamp here we come....
Comments
Vessel Name: Mistress
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 36 MKll
Hailing Port: Toronto ON Canada
Crew: Maureen and Brad Cox
About: Taking a trip we dreamed about, now it's a reality.

One Step at a Time

Who: Maureen and Brad Cox
Port: Toronto ON Canada