Walter and Robyn on SV ANNWN

Vessel Name: ANNWN
Vessel Make/Model: Adams 45
Hailing Port: Sydney, Australia
Crew: Walter Pichler and Robyn Townsend
05 October 2016 | Pangkor Marina Island, Malaysia.
25 June 2016
17 May 2016 | Senibong Cove Marina, East Johor, Malaysia
Recent Blog Posts
05 October 2016 | Pangkor Marina Island, Malaysia.

On the Move at last

It is very early in the morning of Annwn's first blog entry. Just a few chores to complete - fill up water tanks, remove boom tent, tie down dinghy, stow air conditioner - oh yes! have another cup of tea. Then we are off at last, heading to Singapore to catch up with family, cruising buddies and visiting friends. After too much time on the hard, it will be great to be on the move again. Perhaps Hughie will send a gentle breeze to allow us to remember how to sail!

29 July 2016

Terengganu, Redang and Perhentian Islands

Terengganu is a bustling city where you can find most anything. We berthed in the marina and could dinghy across the river to Chinatown. Hired a car and did a day run to Thai border to renew our visas - interesting process involving four queues and a bridge. Queue to check out of Malaysia, walk across [...]

06 July 2016

Chukai to Kuala Terengannu

After two days in the outer Harbour at Kemamam, we moved up river to anchor off the town of Banda Cukai. The town is good for food and diesel supplies, and has plenty of small restaurants to visit. The highlight was the local signature dish of Stuffed Crab, and a lunch with Captain Waung (friend of a [...]

25 June 2016

Chukai

Headed north from Tioman with the intention of stopping at Pulau Valella, which turned out to be a pimple on the water and surrounded by fishing nets. So an overnighter was the go. All good until one of Hughie's best and most spectacular thunderstorms erupted. So a wet, cold, sleepless and tiring trip [...]

19 June 2016

Tioman Island, Malaysia

Well we have managed to be here for three weeks. Sailed in with John and Gail and spent time in Tekek and at Monkey Bay. Good snorkeling and an interesting deserted restaurant type building on our very own beach.

01 June 2016

Senibong Cove to Tioman Island

Motoring through Johor Straits - an eye opener to see huge shipping industry and both Singapore and Malaysia busily reclaiming land. Is there a rule as to how close you can go to the next country across the water?

Chukai

25 June 2016
Headed north from Tioman with the intention of stopping at Pulau Valella, which turned out to be a pimple on the water and surrounded by fishing nets. So an overnighter was the go. All good until one of Hughie's best and most spectacular thunderstorms erupted. So a wet, cold, sleepless and tiring trip ended at daybreak at Kuala Temanan, Chukai. We were happy to drop anchor behind the sea wall and have a big rest.
After a day or so, we travelled carefully up the river (thank you Aquarius for being the Queen of Depths as our sounder is not reliable) and anchored off the main town.
Many fishing boats of varying sizes come and go day and night so there is always something to see. The town is good for supplies, supermarkets and fresh food markets, but is best known for its signature dish of Stuffed Crab. We have sampled two versions and tonight's was the winner. Our other best trick was to have the dinghy stranded by the tide up a muddy creek. Wal, while sinking in mud up to his knees, managed to drag it to floating depth. Umm, I think his sneakers will need a bath or maybe we just get some new ones. A few more days here and we will head further north.
Comments

About & Links