Trippin' Turpins

Almost ready...sort of!

15 February 2014 | Outer Harbour, South Australia
Preparation
The time to depart is almost here
Our stores are stocked with jerky and beer

And you would not believe, if I told to you
Of the many things we still need to do

But depart we will in a couple of weeks
And happy we go if the boat has no leaks

I cannot tell you of which way we'll go
Tassie or Sydney I still do not know

Our route is constantly redefined
.... As our skipper keeps changing his bloody mind!


My little poem says it all! We hope to start our journey in the first week of March. I have explained to Dwayne this is less than three weeks away, BUT it wasn't until a friend mentioned our Bon Voyage party is two weeks away that he actually realised what I had been trying to tell him. It is getting very close!

We still have a lot to prepare. Our objective now is to get the necessary jobs and preparations done and get on our way. We need to get the generator in and our new fuse-boards installed and working. Thorfinn is in good sailing order; we have repaired sails and covers, and have received our new staysail.

I have started to prepare our food stores and I'm having a lot of fun trying to determine where to put everything! I have started dehydrating certain fruits and vegetables, and making beef jerky which I vacuum pack to store.

We are still not sure what direction we will take but at this stage we are thinking New Caledonia and Vanuatu. (What I mean is this is Dwayne's current line of thought... so perhaps this is where we will head...... unless he changes his mind again!)
Comments
Vessel Name: Thorfinn
Vessel Make/Model: Adams 45
Hailing Port: Adelaide, South Australia
Crew: Dwayne & Kelly Turpin
About: After seven years of planning we sold the house and moved aboard Thorfinn in October 2013. Our journey started in May 2014 in Australia and, if all goes well, it will continue for many years with many seas to sail and places to visit.
Extra: Intrepid sailors, perpetual travellers, enthusiastic fisher people and lovers of food. Visit our other blogs at http://trippinturpins.com http://gourmetfromthegalley.com Like our Facebook page - Trippin' Turpins - A Sailing Adventure.
Home Page: https://trippinturpins.com
Social: