Trippin' Turpins

The Beginning

04 May 2014 | Stansbury
I didn't sign up for winter sailing! The brochure said tropical islands... sun, sand, snorkelling, swimming...

I have a confession to make. We didn't get away on Thursday when we said we were leaving, as we were not ready to leave early enough to beat the incoming weather. Rain, hail and strong winds have battered Thorfinn throughout the last few days while we sat and waited for the storms to pass and the weather to allow us a comfortable passage. However, the benefits of the wait included finishing a few chores and spend more time with our boys.

We left the Squadron today and sailed to Stansbury..... actually there was no wind so we had to motor all the way. We celebrated the start of our journey with a bottle of champas, enjoyed at least two hours of warming sun and the company of frolicking dolphins.

We are moored at Stansbury enjoying a warming glass of port, wondering what we should make for dinner and where to sail tomorrow. Maybe Edithburgh or Kangaroo Island?
Comments
Vessel Name: Thorfinn
Vessel Make/Model: Adams 45
Hailing Port: Adelaide, South Australia
Crew: Dwayne & Kelly Turpin
About: After seven years of planning we sold the house and moved aboard Thorfinn in October 2013. Our journey started in May 2014 in Australia and, if all goes well, it will continue for many years with many seas to sail and places to visit.
Extra: Intrepid sailors, perpetual travellers, enthusiastic fisher people and lovers of food. Visit our other blogs at http://trippinturpins.com http://gourmetfromthegalley.com Like our Facebook page - Trippin' Turpins - A Sailing Adventure.
Home Page: https://trippinturpins.com
Social: