s/v Tropical Spice

26 November 2008 | Cocoa Village, FL
11 November 2008 | Sunny, few cirrus clouds, breezy, cool
06 November 2008 | Town Creek Marina
04 November 2008 | Town Creek Marina, Beaufort NC
14 October 2008 | Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
17 March 2008 | Taken by his breeder in Sarasota, FL designed to entice Peggy to fall head over heels in love with him so she would drive from NC to FL and back again with him. Which she did.
16 March 2008 | or

Old Friends, NewPlaces

26 November 2008 | Cocoa Village, FL
Sunny 70
Guess I have been remiss in keeping this little blog up, I shall try to do better.

We are in Cocoa Village, Florida this morning. On the hook taking an especially long for us hiatus from traveling south to spend Thanksgiving with old friends.

David's dear friends Al and Jennifer live on Merritt Island and we will be indulging in Thanksgiving Turkey with them. They have been wonderfully helpful to us since we arrived. Carting us to the grocery and out to dinner.

Great restaurant down town, Murdock's we sat outside at picnic table with Bo and could enjoy the bar scene and live music through windows. One actually climbs in and out of the windows if one so chooses! Food was great, David enjoyed a spicy shrimp dish.

Friends from the Outer Banks arrived yesterday, George and Betsy from our yacht club are here to sail for a few days and partake of Thanksgiving dinner with Jennifer and Al too.

At the moment George is whipping up a great breakfast of ham and scrambled eggs and cheese. Yummy!

Our trip from Church Creek to here was good. The captain did a great job winding through VERY LOW water. Although we did run aground once and had to call Tow Boat US. Found out from the kind young man they sent out that if someone calls them too much (say $2800) that they will cancel your insurance....so much for unlimited!

Bosun gave the nice man a wet kiss in thanks for getting us off the shoal.

Time to eat - more later - I promise!
Comments
Vessel Name: Tropical Spice
Vessel Make/Model: Wellington 44 built in 1981 in Jacksonville, FL
Hailing Port: Colington Harbour, Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
Crew: Dave, Peggy & Bo our Portuguese Water Dog.
About:
After spending ten of the best years of my life living on my 36ft. sailboat and working in the Bahamas and Caribbean (I'm a PADI dive instructor) I had to give it up to look after my very sick Sister in the UK. [...]
Extra: http://ssca.org/cgi-bin/pagegen.pl?pg=home&title=Home
Home Page: /member/tropicalspice

S/V TROPICAL SPICE

Who: Dave, Peggy & Bo our Portuguese Water Dog.
Port: Colington Harbour, Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina