s/v True Colors

08 June 2015 | St. Croix
05 June 2015 | St. Croix
30 January 2015
10 January 2015
28 December 2014
21 December 2014 | Antigua, Carlyle bay
19 December 2014 | Grenada
18 December 2014 | Antigua
05 August 2014 | St Eustatia
25 June 2014
20 June 2014 | Jost Van Dyke
26 May 2014 | Samana, DR
29 April 2014
23 April 2014
08 April 2014
01 April 2014 | Marsh Harbor
25 March 2014 | Great Guana Cay
13 March 2014

Barefoot Man at Nippers

25 March 2014 | Great Guana Cay
Marty
We left Hopetown and moved a little north to Great Guana Cay, which home of Nippers, the famous beach bar. We were able to see Barefoot Man, which is one of the big events here. Barefoot man is a combination of Jimmy Buffet and Pat Daley. He grew up in Louisiana and now lives in the islands, and runs around the island performing shows. His music is very risqué with very adult lyrics. His audience is 60+ year old adolescents, some never grow up or get old...

We had a good time, the weather was perfect and the people were fun.

We anchored in Fishers Bay at Great Guana and spent a couple of days. I was able to catch a few conch, I'm still perfecting the cleaning part of the process. I can get them out of the shell easily enough, getting the skin off takes some practice. The Bahamians make it look easy. Right now I'm using mine for bait, but the next few will go on the table.

We have move across the Sea of Abaco to Treasure Cay. We have 40 knot squalls predicted for this afternoon and tonight, so we are in a protected harbor for the next day or so. Treasure has one of the best beaches in the world and is by far one of Lily's favorites. Yesterday she met a couple of young men on spring break from the Citadel and played ball them, she enjoyed it. They were visiting a grandparent Nan Gregory, who happens to be from Vermillion, OH, whom we met and played the game of who we know in common. Everywhere we go we meet people and share things in common.
Comments
Vessel Name: True Colors
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 42 Mark II Catamaran
Hailing Port: Annapolis, MD
Crew: Marty & Lisa Kelly

s/v True Colors

Who: Marty & Lisa Kelly
Port: Annapolis, MD