s/v True Colors

08 June 2015 | St. Croix
05 June 2015 | St. Croix
30 January 2015
10 January 2015
28 December 2014
21 December 2014 | Antigua, Carlyle bay
19 December 2014 | Grenada
18 December 2014 | Antigua
05 August 2014 | St Eustatia
25 June 2014
20 June 2014 | Jost Van Dyke
26 May 2014 | Samana, DR
29 April 2014
23 April 2014
08 April 2014
01 April 2014 | Marsh Harbor
25 March 2014 | Great Guana Cay
13 March 2014

Finally going south (for you Michelle!)

04 May 2014
Lisa
Hello friends and neighbors...we did it...we left Georgetown on the first. We are now in new territory. We anchored in calabash bay, Long Island. Not N.Y., Bahamas, mon. When we arrived, there was a very beautiful nordhavon 57 there. That's a motor yacht, if you didn't know. The couple on board stopped to say hi and invite us for a drink. We explained that we were expecting another boat to arrive within the hour and could they join us. Fine, fine, fine. Makaya was the name of the sail boat coming. They actually solicited all kinds of supplies from the anchorage in g town as they are stopping in ile la vashe in haiti to help out the people there with donations of nets, fishing gear, old sails and lines. They were looking for just about anything that could help the haitians rise above the awful poverty there. Since working in wilmington, i have been carting about 3 dozen children's books around. I've given some away, but the rest went to matt and cindy to take to haiti. It was really hard to give away some of my favorites. I think i was saving them for, dare i say it?, grandchildren. But i do know how to order on line, so no worries. Cocktails were lovely that evening and the boat was beautiful. Very deluxe in a most comfortable way. I have always bugged marty about getting a new captains chair as ours is so uncomfortable. Because they had two bridge decks with four of the most wonderful chairs. I cant take it!

The morning of the second,we set out for rum cay. After about an hour there was a huge snap and the shackle that was holding up the business end of the dinghy broke. Our dinghy was hanging in mid air behind the boat and we were sailing at 8 knots. Some how, marty dropped the sails, lowered the dinghy and tied it to the boat for the trip back to calabash. He was able to replace the shackle and fix the set up so today we could start out again, but not to rum cay. We are still at long island, but down the eastern side in clarencetown. Its sunday and everything closes early if open at all. We arrived about four, so no hiking around for us. Maybe tomorrow, but the plan is to overnight to turks and caicos starting out at seven. We will keep you posted, fans.

Later...
Comments
Vessel Name: True Colors
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 42 Mark II Catamaran
Hailing Port: Annapolis, MD
Crew: Marty & Lisa Kelly

s/v True Colors

Who: Marty & Lisa Kelly
Port: Annapolis, MD