s/v True Colors

08 June 2015 | St. Croix
05 June 2015 | St. Croix
30 January 2015
10 January 2015
28 December 2014
21 December 2014 | Antigua, Carlyle bay
19 December 2014 | Grenada
18 December 2014 | Antigua
05 August 2014 | St Eustatia
25 June 2014
20 June 2014 | Jost Van Dyke
26 May 2014 | Samana, DR
29 April 2014
23 April 2014
08 April 2014
01 April 2014 | Marsh Harbor
25 March 2014 | Great Guana Cay
13 March 2014

Beginning to move north

28 December 2014
Lisa
Hope everyone had a happy Christmas or a merry Hannakah. Ours was not so great. The only thing that was slightly christmaslike was that we had our traditional breakfast. Missed our children and families way to much to feel festive. But I did decide that no more Christmases alone. Next year we will be with children and family.

We left grenada on November 15th and motor sailed to tyrell bay in Carricou for one night. I wanted to hang, but we will hit it on our way back next summer. Wait for it...another overnight to Saint Lucia. It wasn't too bad or else I am just getting used to it. We anchored in Rodney bay and settled in for what turned out to be about 11days. Marty knew a number of people there with whom he road out the storm in Saint Martin. There were lots of dinners together with Asseca (Marty's spelling, sorry Bev), Rainbow and Marilyn. Rodney bay is the end of the Arc rally and the place was gearing up for the arrival of all the boats by staging a small race from Castries to Rodney Bay. Marty sailed with Bev and crew on Asseca. I stayed on True Colors and watched the goings on in the bay. Lots of big motor boats with flags and whistles.

We left on the 28th. Was that thanksgiving? I think so. We got ready for another over night to Guadeloupe. The seas were about 9feet, but the period was quite long. We needed a double reef but it was not a bad ride at all. We picked up a mooring ball about 2 in the afternoon in Dehaise, Guadalupe. Again the captain said "we'll stop here on our way back". We left at 6:45am and motor sailed to Jolly Harbor, Antigua. We went right to the customs dock to check in and to wait for the vet to check Lily in. So, one month later we are still in Antigua. Happily, I might add.

We met up with Phil and Andrea from Anastasia. We cruised around the island a bit, to English Harbor, Green Island and Carlyle Bay with them. Snorkeling, she'll collecting and trading books! They flew home for Christmas and are due back in a couple of weeks. Marty and I have continued to revisit the above mentioned places and are going to start up the north side of the island in the next day or two to do some looking around. Antigua has 365 beaches...and so little time. We are in Carlyle Bay right now, which affords us amazing wifi, so I could get back in the blogging frame of mind. Don't know when I will have it again, but I will continue to take pictures along the way.

Wishing everyone a wonderful 2015. Aargh...wasn't it just 2000? We will have a new Kelly joining the family in March. Actually, the greater de Windt family will welcome five babies, the first arrived in November in Denver, by May. Our own little boom. Feel very lucky. If you haven't been able to tell, I love my family very much, each and every one. Enough, already...
Comments
Vessel Name: True Colors
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 42 Mark II Catamaran
Hailing Port: Annapolis, MD
Crew: Marty & Lisa Kelly

s/v True Colors

Who: Marty & Lisa Kelly
Port: Annapolis, MD