The Next Adventure

03 February 2022
23 January 2022 | Goose winged between Separation Point and Tarakohe
22 January 2022 | Heading towards French Pass
19 January 2022
12 January 2022
07 January 2022 | Mistletoe Bay, Marlborough Sounds.
06 January 2022
05 January 2022
04 January 2022 | Coppermine Bay, D’Urville Island
03 January 2022 | En route to D’Urville Island
05 September 2021 | Golden Bay
08 April 2015 | Adele Island, Abe Tasman National Park
20 March 2015 | Nelson, NZ
19 March 2015
19 March 2015
17 March 2015
16 March 2015
15 March 2015
14 March 2015

Hallelujah!

05 May 2014 | Opua
Barbara
After a wonderful weekend in the Bay of Islands, walking, swimming and successfully fishing, we awoke to a grey morning, and soon after raising the anchor, found some wind. We sailed off, quickly putting 2 reefs in the main and sailed back towards Opua at 7 knts. We had booked a berth, but these normally don't become available to midday. Given that we were up early and nearly at Opua at just after 9am, we hove-to, and had a look at the weather. The forecast was 40 knts by lunchtime, so as prudent mariners, we radioed ahead and were happy to hear the berth was already available. Once again, Simon came alongside perfectly, although the tide and wind were pushing us along and the main task was to slow the boat down! We are now at the end of F pontoon, a long walk to the facilities, but happy to sit out a wet and windy day. We asked at the marina office for our long awaited parcel of the satellite ...but no luck. We went for a coffee with some great wooden boat owning people we met, when I glimpsed a Courier driver passing with a familiar shaped box. Simon shot out the door and accosted him and quickly we were back on board and rejoicing as the new unit worked almost immediately! After a month of effort, we now have comms! Hurrah!! Weather still a bit tricky, so not planning to race off. Will keep the blog up to date so you will know when we are setting off.
Comments
Vessel Name: Tuarangi
Vessel Make/Model: William Atkins Ingrid
Hailing Port: Nelson
Crew: Simon and Barbara Graves
About: From Nelson. New Zealand and formerly the Isle of Muck.
Tuarangi's Photos - Main
Our trip to Stewart Island
34 Photos
Created 2 January 2022