The Next Adventure

03 February 2022
23 January 2022 | Goose winged between Separation Point and Tarakohe
22 January 2022 | Heading towards French Pass
19 January 2022
12 January 2022
07 January 2022 | Mistletoe Bay, Marlborough Sounds.
06 January 2022
05 January 2022
04 January 2022 | Coppermine Bay, D’Urville Island
03 January 2022 | En route to D’Urville Island
05 September 2021 | Golden Bay
08 April 2015 | Adele Island, Abe Tasman National Park
20 March 2015 | Nelson, NZ
19 March 2015
19 March 2015
17 March 2015
16 March 2015
15 March 2015
14 March 2015

And we're off!

08 May 2014 | Opua, Bay of Islands
Barbara / blue skies and sunshine
We have been in the marina for another 4 days…and very sociable they have been! Thanks to Bruce and Laura for a great evening…never have pre-dinner drinkis lasted so long! Fair winds and have fun in Fiji. Huge thanks to Jules for multiple trips to Paihia and along with Gary, for great company and wooden boat tales. Happy travels and hope that you find the right boat and we can meet up again somewhere.
Also it was lovely to meet Hannah, who recognised the boat from a distance and was delighted to come on board the boat she grew up on! Hannah was able to tell us more tales of Tuarangi’s adventures and the changes that have been made to the boat over the years. Hannah also brought along her two children, Gabby and Libby, who had a lot of fun exploring the boat!
It is finally the day of departure. After months of planning…today we head off! We booked to clear Customs at 0830 this morning and by 0832, were cleared with all our relevant documentation! No going back now. We are both feeling a mixture of excitement and anxiety, but the forecast looks perfect, the rallies are leaving today and tomorrow and we are ready to go! We pick up our duty free at 10am, will top up our water tanks and head out. Next stop Vanuatu!
We have so many people to thank who have helped to get us this far. People have gone out of their way to find things, fix things, provide advice and generally support our adventure. You know who you are. Thank you. Special thanks to Heather and Mike for being our land station as we head north and for being with us every step of the way.
Our biggest thanks, however, goes to our children, Katie and Angus. Without your support and understanding, we would still be at home talking about it. Can’t wait to see you in Vanuatu!
Comments
Vessel Name: Tuarangi
Vessel Make/Model: William Atkins Ingrid
Hailing Port: Nelson
Crew: Simon and Barbara Graves
About: From Nelson. New Zealand and formerly the Isle of Muck.
Tuarangi's Photos - Main
Our trip to Stewart Island
34 Photos
Created 2 January 2022