Tuatara

Alan and Jean sharing our cruising news with friends, family.

20 July 2015 | Rabi Island Fiji
29 June 2015 | Suva Fiji
18 December 2013 | Auckland
05 December 2013 | Auckland
27 October 2013 | Vavau Tonga
12 September 2013 | Samoa
24 July 2013 | Moorea, Tahiti
19 July 2013 | Papeete
19 June 2013 | Nuka Hiva
02 June 2013 | Pacific Ocean
29 May 2013 | Pacific Ocean
24 May 2013 | Eastern Pacific Ocean
19 May 2013 | Western Pacific Ocean
16 May 2013 | Western Pacific Ocean
13 May 2013 | Isla Isabella
06 May 2013 | Isla Isabella
08 April 2013 | Shelter Bay marina, Colon.
28 March 2013 | Belize
27 March 2013 | Belize
03 March 2013 | Panamarina, Panama

Computer problems and ships in the night.

14 June 2007 | Townsville
Jean
15 June 2007 Townsville.

Brr... its cold in the supposed Tropical north. Yesterday it was about 9 degrees so the warm clothes still havent been packed away.
Apologies to those people who have been visiting the blog and finding no updates. We have been having computer problems, having 2 laptops was meant to overcome these things but both went haywire. We have spent most of our 2 days here sorting out the computers. Luckily we have had fantastic help from John our next door neighbour on the Marina with his computer expertise and transport.Its depressing to think of so back to the sailing side of our life.
We left Gladstone in warmish weather, two days sail then an overnight stay at Whitsundays. After the Whitsundays we had another over nighter here to Townsville. The sailing has been excellent, blowing us in the right direction. The large ships anchored in our way have been nerve wracking, especially when there are 32 monsters anchored in the middle of the sea right in our path. Coming across these ships off Mackay in the middle of the night made us appreciate the capabilities of our Radar. The ships were all the same as the one on the beach at Newcastle so they took up alot of sea room, we eventually found a way through. The next night anchored at Cid harbour was peaceful, a time to catch up on some sleep.
Townsville is cold and at the moment wet. We move on to Cairns tomorrow perhaps we will find the warm weather there and break out the shorts and teeshirts.
Comments
Vessel Name: Tuatara
Vessel Make/Model: Alan Wright 51
Hailing Port: Opua NZ
Crew: Alan and Jean Ward

Sailing in the Pacific

Who: Alan and Jean Ward
Port: Opua NZ