Tumultuous Uproar

A cruising boat with a racing problem...

16 April 2024
09 March 2024
29 February 2024
29 February 2024 | Anse Cochon, St. Lucia
22 February 2024
03 February 2024
31 January 2024
21 January 2024
21 January 2024
28 December 2023
04 December 2023
27 November 2023
27 October 2023
27 September 2023
30 May 2023

Yes, I am a Pirate.....

29 August 2018
Yes, I am a pirate, two hundred years too late......(James Buffet)

Lisa wants me to remind blog readers that we do not rape and pillage. But, pirates we are!

I'm not proud of it. I worked in intellectual property and was a member of Licensing Executive Society. And we have all received emails encouraging us to report our companies for pirating software.

But cruisers are pirates! We don't have ready access to the internet. But we do have portable hard drives. Thank God! I still remember having cocktails on a friend's boat and they announced they had 1,000 movies onboard. OMG! We were still trying to get my Surface Pro to be friends with a portable drive to play DVDs. It sometimes worked.

Uproar now sports 5 portable hard drives, 4 of them even work. We have a bundle of memory sticks and believe me, they get a workout. Now we don't know how to extract these gems from the internet but some of our cruising friends are experts at this. It is reported that one of our friends takes his laptop into a bar offering internet, orders a beer and then the lights in the bar go dim!

Marinas and waterfront bars all have cruisers' libraries. Take a book or leave a book. We used to scour these for gems. I still do but chances are we have the same book on our Kindles. Lisa and I have four Kindles. Can't afford to have one go down! Two of ours have failed due to salt water or unknown gremlins. But now we have our backups encased in ziplock bags. Hey, we can't just order a replacement on Amazon for 8 hour delivery.

Liward introduced us to Polynesian music. Bobby and Angelo's “My Island Home.” is one of our favorites. We were discussing modern reggae music and they mentioned the band Morgan Heritage. Lisa and I were in shock. We heard some great reggae music on a Carriacou bus. I asked the driver who the artist was. He mentioned “Modern Heritage.” We asked the Carriacou DJ, Kim about that band. He didn't recognize the name but burned me 125 songs (pirated) of bouncy, tuneful reggae music I enjoy. Among them was “Do they have rum where you come from, do they have rum where you are going?” The new Uproar anthem. But no Modern Heritage.

Puzzle solved. Liward burned a drive with Morgan Heritage and we love it. Steve and Lili said, “Now we expect you to buy an album from them.” Um, we should....but we are pirates, not 200 years too late. Sorry but options are limited among the floating homeless.

Having an Ipod filled with illicitly gotten music has led to some fun discoveries. Lisa and I play the alphabet game. “Name a letter.” The other person just scrolls through that letter and picks an artist or album. We also play the Ipod on random play of all music. We were eating dinner in the cockpit the other day and the introduction to “Red House” started to play. It wasn't Jimmy Hendrix. Lisa and I looked at each other and I said, “What's the point, Jummy Hendrix didn't write it but no one can hold a candle to the way he plays it.” I checked the Ipod and Jimmy Thackery was the artist. You know? He did hold up that candle and more. Another musician discovered on Uproar.

This is purely a work of fiction. Characters and actions described have no relationship to actual persons or events. Have a nice day!
Comments
Vessel Name: Tumultuous Uproar
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 42s7
Hailing Port: Milwaukee, WI
Crew: Popeye (Russ Whitford)
Social:
Tumultuous Uproar's Photos - Main
45 Photos
Created 8 March 2016
68 Photos
Created 8 March 2016
61 Photos
Created 8 March 2016
24 Photos
Created 8 March 2016
53 Photos
Created 7 March 2016
No Photos
Created 7 March 2016
4 Photos
Created 28 August 2015
2 Photos
Created 21 August 2015
Uproar FULL ON in the North Channel! Picture by Rick Pask.
1 Photo
Created 21 August 2015
40 Photos
Created 21 August 2015
8/15/15
29 Photos
Created 21 August 2015
9 Photos
Created 21 August 2015