East Coast Adventure and Return of the Tweener

Headed South Carolina Beach, NC

Carolina Beach

April 1, 2021
Very quiet overnight. A little chilly this morning. Dressed in all my warm clothes again. At the rate we’re going I may not get out of sweats until summer.
The boats in the mooring field are all still here this morning. I think we're all waiting for the weather to get a little more stable before we cross the Cape Fear River. Timing is everything crossing the river because it is a 12 mile down river to reach the intracoastal. If you catch the current right you can ride the tidal flow. That's our plan for Friday.
Today is our traditional time to pay the bills day so we took the opportunity of sitting still to get it done. Charles continues to work the phone on arranging a slip for a week and finding a car to come home for a week. We had a nibble yesterday on a slip at Denegal Creek Marina near Savannah. Charles asked the young man who answered the phone if they had a weekly rate. He said he'd have to check with the manager and call us back. He called back in about an hour to let us know he hadn't forgotten us but the manger was out but he would get back with us when he had an answer! I was impressed that we actually had an individual follow up! He told us he would not be back at work until Sunday but would leave a message for the next person. I think that got him off the hook but he was conscientious about it😏
The sun came out early afternoon. We launched the dinghy and motored to the free dingy docks. We walked along the boardwalk and watched the surf. More people on the beach than I expected for the weather. We had a late lunch while we were out. The waitress said it was the first day for them to return to normal operating hours and it is Spring Break.
Charles remembered he had not had a follow up call from Denegal Creek Marina and he had not called Charleston to arrange a slip for next week. He called Charleston City Marina and got a very helpful young lady who confirmed our reservations for two days. The next call was to Denegal Creek. We think it was a young girl who answered the phone but the laugh for the day was I don't think they should hire an individual before puberty! I read somewhere that the older you get the harder it is to judge a younger person’s age…
Back to the boat for our evening quiet time. The winds are picking up and the mooring ball sounds like we’re a wall on a racquetball court…or maybe that's racket ball! So much for a quiet evening.


Comments