TwistedFish

Kingston to Bahamas and back again:)

16 June 2015 | Kingston, Ontario
31 May 2015 | NYC
21 May 2015 | Portsmouth, Virginia
17 May 2015 | Oriental, North Carolina
09 May 2015 | Georgetown, South Carolina
23 April 2015 | Fort Pierce, FL
07 April 2015 | HopeTown, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
30 March 2015 | Hatchet Bay, Eleuthera
26 March 2015 | Nassau, New Providence Island
20 March 2015 | Staniel Cay
19 March 2015 | Stanial Cay
11 March 2015 | Emerald Marina
03 March 2015 | Thompson Bay, Long Island, Bahama
02 March 2015 | Long Island, Bahamas
23 February 2015 | George Town, Great Exuma
16 February 2015 | Calabash Bay, Long Island
07 February 2015 | Stocking Island, Exuma
01 February 2015 | Elizabeth Cay, Exuma
26 January 2015 | George town, exuma

Cutlass bearings and Grapefruit

01 December 2014 | Fort Pierce, FL
Tom
So after spending a wonderful 5 nights in Vero Beach we finally extracted ourselves and moved south for our haulout and new cultlass bearing.
Vero Beach is a great Place to hang out and chill. We spent US Thanksgiving with the local boating community complete with potluck dinner with 150 other boaters. lots of musicians and drinks after dinner, I played a couple songs and it was alot of fun. The weather improved and we even managed a beach day and some boggie boarding with the crew from LaSmala. Also many thanks to John from Tampa and his kids for buying us a round of Ice Cream after the park.
We headed to Fort Pierce Sun and met up with the Momo's for beer and football. the next morning we did a couple jobs and were ready at the haul out dock at the required time. Cracker boy marine runs like a clock. They had us out of the water, new cutlass bearing installed and back in before the hull even started to dry out. Tracy and Eva went for a walk and ended up passing by a grape fruit processing plant. A truck load of fruit was ready to pull out and a nice local brought them out half a dozen fresh picked grapefruit.
We moved south in the afternoon to St. Lucie inlet area and will move toward Lake Worth tomorrow. The wind has been blowing hard out of the east/ North east for days with no sign in sight. We are ready to cross to the Bahamas as soon as the weather window is right. Until then we will keep going south to get a better angle on crossing the gulf stream. Plus I really need to bring my talents to south beach. haha.
Comments
Vessel Name: SHEILA
Vessel Make/Model: Amel, Sharki
Hailing Port: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Crew: Tom, Tracy and Eva
About: Respiratory Therapists "taking a breather" from life in Ktown Our beautiful daughter Eva will be 4 when we leave in September 2014 and she is currantly training to be a Pirate! Yarrr! or Elsa from the movie Frozen she can't decide yet.
Extra: The preparations for this trip have been long and hopefully well thought out! Please stay tunned for the rest of our story!

About Us

Who: Tom, Tracy and Eva
Port: Kingston, Ontario, Canada