Two If By Sea

22 April 2017 | Burnt Store Marina
20 April 2017 | Pelican Bay
13 April 2017 | Charlotte Harbor, Florida
08 April 2017 | Burnt Store Marina
05 April 2017 | Charlotte Harbor
03 April 2017 | Cape Haze
02 April 2017 | Cape Haze
01 April 2017 | Cape Haze
30 March 2017 | Burnt Store Marina
09 March 2017 | Cape Haze
07 March 2017
06 March 2017 | Cape Haze
04 March 2017
01 March 2017 | Burnt Store Marina
26 February 2017 | Burnt Store Marina
23 February 2017 | Burnt Store Marina
28 April 2016 | Pelican Bay
25 April 2016 | Cape Haze Anchorage
24 April 2016 | Cape Haze Anchorage

Ft. Lauderdale

07 May 2009
Our night at anchor in Delray Beach was quiet and restful. Today, we had about 6 hours to Ft. Lauderdale so we headed out early and started down the ICW. During this leg, the homes were more spectacular then the previous day, both in design and size. Some of them you had to realize were private residences and not condos or hotels. Many of them had boats just as big as their homes. Patty and I agreed that this segment was the most impressive of them all.

We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale around 2:00 p.m. and picked up a mooring ball in the only anchorage allowed by the city. The mooring ball field only has 9 balls and is located immediately adjacent to a bridge that opens and closes with whistles blowing and lights flashing. We are right next to the bridge so tonight's sleep is in question. The marina that monitors the mooring balls is first class and we get to take advantage of all the amenities. We are just a couple of blocks from the beach so we have decided to stay another day to take in the sights and then head to Miami and Key Biscayne early Saturday. There, we plan on meeting up with 2 other couples cruising in that area.

Unfortunately for us, we will be continuing our travels from here by ourselves. Our traveling companions, Bob and Mary, are going to make another attempt on crossing over to the Bahamas from Ft. Lauderdale. They have more time available to them and do not plan on returning until July. It's a bit further than Lake Worth, but the route takes advantage of the Gulf Stream and the weather prediction is favorable. We have heard that before. So, tonight was bitter sweet as we said our good -byes and bid them safe travels.

After we leave here, we are uncertain about our being able to keep current on our blog. There may be a delay so bear with us.
Comments
Vessel Name: Two If By Sea
Vessel Make/Model: 1998 Catalina 36 Mk II
Hailing Port: Punta Gorda, Florida
Crew: Patty and David Power
About:
Patty and David moved to Palmetto, Florida from Colorado in 2002. [...]

Who: Patty and David Power
Port: Punta Gorda, Florida