Adventures of Two Sheets

35' Chartercat Wildcat Catamaran

16 September 2009 | Chesapeake Bay
10 September 2009 | Chesapeake Bay, VA
21 August 2009
03 August 2009 | Cape Charles, VA
07 July 2009
06 July 2009
05 July 2009
21 April 2009
20 April 2009
19 April 2009
18 April 2009
16 April 2009 | Stuart, Florida
16 March 2009
12 March 2009

Chrisfield, MD / Tangier Island, VA

09 July 2009
After departing Fishing Bay early yesterday morning, we arrived at Sommer's Cove Marina in Chrisfield about 6p.m. The winds certainly did not accomodate us, but this is to be expected anytime you cruise on the Chesapeake Bay in July and August! The marina is in a great location, and the facilities, though a bit spartan, are clean and well kept. They have a nice size pool, which is a blessing after a long and hot cruise!

After arriving we cleaned up a bit and then headed out to dinner - Watermen's is fairly new to the Chrisfield restaurant scene, but the food was yummy and the atmosphere was pleasant. Chrisfield is definitely a watermen's town, and crabbing is the name of the game up here. The cream of crab soup is to die for!

This morning we were again up early and headed to Gordon's, a local watermen's hangout, for breakfast. Though it is certainly not the cleaniest place we've ever been in, the breakfast sandwiches rock! Jim & I both had sausage, egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches, and the sausage was fresh ground and freshly made into patties - they were delish! And the coffee is good and strong and hot! Make sure you make Gordon's a stop if you are in Chrisfield!

Because we live in Virginia Beach, we rarely do the "tourist thing", but the easiest way for us to see Tangier is to ride the tour boat over, since docking is at a premier in Tangier and we will not fit! I had last been to Tangier about 25 years ago, and it really has not changed. The people are a little formal but they are quite nice. There is not much to see in Tangier, but we walked the entire three miles of the island, stopped in for some ice cream @ Spanky's and all in all had a most pleasant afternoon.

Tonight we cooked steaks on the grill with fresh local tomatoes and a bottle of wine as we watched the gulls dipping and playing. And the sky was beautiful!

But as all sojourns must have an ending, so this cruise does too. Tomorrow morning @ 6:00a.m. we pull out of Chrisfield head for home - Baycreek in Cape Charles. Not sure if we will pull in tomorrow or Saturday - we may anchor out tomorrow evening and make the final run on Saturday.

Sunday my best friend from Jr. High and her daughter will be joining us for a day of sailing out of Cape Charles - can't wait!
Comments
Vessel Name: Two Sheets to the Wind
Vessel Make/Model: Chartercat Wildcat
Hailing Port: Hagatna, Guam
Crew: Jim & Betsi
About: Jim & Betsi live in the Virginia Beach, VA area. They are looking forward to cruising their local area (Chesapeake Bay) as well as island hopping in the Bahamas
Extra: Two Sheets to the Wind is a 35' Chartercat Wildcat. Her name, Two Sheets to the Wind signifies the two sails of a sailboat - hence, "Two Sheets to the Wind"!

Who: Jim & Betsi
Port: Hagatna, Guam