Adventures of Two Sheets

35' Chartercat Wildcat Catamaran

16 September 2009 | Chesapeake Bay
10 September 2009 | Chesapeake Bay, VA
21 August 2009
03 August 2009 | Cape Charles, VA
07 July 2009
06 July 2009
05 July 2009
21 April 2009
20 April 2009
19 April 2009
18 April 2009
16 April 2009 | Stuart, Florida
16 March 2009
12 March 2009

Catching Up

03 August 2009 | Cape Charles, VA
Well, we have not been so successful at continually updating this blog, but we've had a rather busy couple of weeks since our last post.

The last two weekends we've spent at Baycreek, our home port, doing a bit of local sailing. The winds in our neck of the Chesapeake Bay tend to be fluky at best this time of year, but even in light winds we are able to sail, which is truly a blessing! We had friends come in from Charlottesville on Friday and stay with us for the night. On Saturday we took them on a quick motor around the Cape Charles coastline. the weather was scattered thunderstorms all weekend, so we didn't get a lot of time on the water, but were able to get some much needed boat projects done, which was nice! We also took the opportunity to briefly explore Cape Charles, and we've found some great little hidden "gems" in town! Two of our favorites are Two Sisters, a take out organic homemade goodies shop that also sells fresh veggies. Two Sisters gained fame locally with their homemade "Tomatoe Pie" which was served at the 2009 inaguration. However, if you are a salsa connesieur, which Jim is, you will have to try their "Georgia Cavier" salsa and their Mango salsa, both of which are fabulous! Jim and I have been really eating light on the boat - cheese, coldcuts, and salsa w/ chips - mmmm mmmm good!

Another hidden eatery is Cape Charles Coffee - they serve a killer lunch menu! And their chicken salad, which is made with cranberries is awesome! You can order the chicken salad as a sandwich or as a salad on a bed of green with homemade raspberry vingarette - it is really delish! Everything on their menu is organic, which is wonderful!

Comments
Vessel Name: Two Sheets to the Wind
Vessel Make/Model: Chartercat Wildcat
Hailing Port: Hagatna, Guam
Crew: Jim & Betsi
About: Jim & Betsi live in the Virginia Beach, VA area. They are looking forward to cruising their local area (Chesapeake Bay) as well as island hopping in the Bahamas
Extra: Two Sheets to the Wind is a 35' Chartercat Wildcat. Her name, Two Sheets to the Wind signifies the two sails of a sailboat - hence, "Two Sheets to the Wind"!

Who: Jim & Betsi
Port: Hagatna, Guam