Wendy & Burry Cruising

Back aboard, Headed south from Green Cove Springs, going to the Exhumas.

17 July 2013 | Nassau, New Providence
11 July 2013 | Black Point Settlement
11 July 2013 | Sampson Cay
11 July 2013 | Georgetown
11 July 2013 | Kingston
22 February 2013 | Sampson Cay
18 February 2013 | Waderick Wells
15 February 2013 | Waderick Wells
07 December 2012 | Green Cove Springs
22 May 2012 | Florida (jacksonvillle)
20 May 2012
19 May 2012 | Spanish Wells
19 May 2012 | Northern Exhumas
19 May 2012 | Little Farmers/Black Point
17 May 2012 | Emerald Bay on Great Exhuma
17 May 2012 | Little Farmers Cay
16 May 2012 | Black Point
01 May 2012 | Stanial Cay
11 March 2012 | Center of the Land and Sea Park
08 March 2012 | Shroud Cay

Au Exhumas avec Sherry

19 May 2012 | Northern Exhumas
So after Black Point we headed to Stanial Cay to provision and await the arrival of Sherry (Wendy's sister) and her BF Jason. We are known for having them travel the road less traveled and to hold that tradition we had them take a small plane from Nassau into Stanial. They arrived safe and sound with most of their baggage (lost their duty free somewhere along the line).
We spent a few days at Stanial to do some hiking and snorkling (including the groto) and a visit to the swimming pigs. After a bit of climatization the now lobster guests and us went north into the Land and Sea Park, with Jason suitably stocked with a 24 of $60 kalik.
We spent close to a week in Waderick Wells, with lots of great hiking and snorkling. We did the ruins hike, which Sherry begged off, and trecked the 8 mile loop over a rugged trail with incredible beauty. We delayed our departure to participate in the Easter Dinner, hosted by the park warden, and consisted of an incredible spread of wonderful culinary delights.
Monday we pushed off and headed up to Shroud Cay for a few days of exploration, including a dingy ride up to castaway beach. We also did a lonnnnnnggggg dingy ride to Normans, hoping for a burger, but discovered they were cleaned out of food over easter and were awaiting resupply, so a quick beer and we headed back, visiting the DC3 wreck enroute.
The rest of our trip in the Exhumas consisted of visits to Highborne and Shipborne Cays, and then reluctantly headed north to Spanish Wells. This long day was a great reach north with the tide gods smiling upon us with a favourable tide through Current Cut and a couple of hours later we were moored off Spanish Wells, the subject of our next blog.
Comments
Vessel Name: Seahawk X
Vessel Make/Model: Island Trader 41, Ketch
Hailing Port: Kingston, Ontario
Crew: Wendy, Burry, Maggie, Bartley (in our hearts)
About: Wendy and Burry have been married for 30+ years and moved aboard Seahawk when they were transfered from Maryland to New Jersey. Threw off the lines fall of 2010 and have been travelling the eastern seaboard and bahamas since.
Extra: We have two children we love a lot and miss, hoping they will visit us more once we are in the tropics lol. Tara is a budding bio scientist, recently married to Chris, and just completed her masters. Michael is in the Navel Reserve and has finished his degree and headed to Saskatoon with Megan.

The Adventures of the Vanderveers

Who: Wendy, Burry, Maggie, Bartley (in our hearts)
Port: Kingston, Ontario