Wendy & Burry Cruising

Back aboard, Headed south from Green Cove Springs, going to the Exhumas.

17 July 2013 | Nassau, New Providence
11 July 2013 | Black Point Settlement
11 July 2013 | Sampson Cay
11 July 2013 | Georgetown
11 July 2013 | Kingston
22 February 2013 | Sampson Cay
18 February 2013 | Waderick Wells
15 February 2013 | Waderick Wells
07 December 2012 | Green Cove Springs
22 May 2012 | Florida (jacksonvillle)
20 May 2012
19 May 2012 | Spanish Wells
19 May 2012 | Northern Exhumas
19 May 2012 | Little Farmers/Black Point
17 May 2012 | Emerald Bay on Great Exhuma
17 May 2012 | Little Farmers Cay
16 May 2012 | Black Point
01 May 2012 | Stanial Cay
11 March 2012 | Center of the Land and Sea Park
08 March 2012 | Shroud Cay

Highborne, Shroud and Waderick

18 February 2013 | Waderick Wells
Had a great blow and squall.
We spent a couple of days in Highborne, resting up and getting Seahawk back into Island configuration. Did a bit of beach walking and topped up on fruit, fuel and water. Weather was nice, but the SW breeze brought rollers into the anchorage which made it a bit uncomfortable, so we pushed south to Shroud.
Shroud was no change, a bit bumpy, but not as bad as highborne. We hummed and hawed a bit and decided to hit Hawksbill the next day. Heading south, we approached and with winds increasing from S-SW thought it might be a bit rolly. Around noon the decision was made for us when Waderick informed us a North Field mooring had come available (advantages of being members of BNT). With a big front forecasted for the weekend our decision was lets hold up there, so by 1500 we were nicely tied up in the north field.
Waderick is a great place, no matter how many times you stop here. Downside is that we cant take Maggie on the trails, but other than that great place to explore both on land and in the water. We have seen a great selection of fish the first few days here. Big hit was this 4' Ray which jumped out of the water about 4-5' three times. Amazing! We also saw one of the ugliest fishes ever, a "Sharksucker". This grey 4' fish looks like it swims upside down, and has a flat head that has an imprint that looks like someone stomped on its head with size 11 combat boot.
So we had a few days of touristy stuff, drinks with friends on SV Tribute and then hunkered down for Sat night/Sunday front. Got a fair bit of rain Sat night and then 30+kt winds for most of Sat night till about 0800 Sunday. Winds finally settled and clocked to North and should return to normal pattern by Tue/Wed.
Thats about it for now, will do another update from Stanial, after we spend a couple of days at Sampson. Hopefully will add some pics soon as well.
Fair Winds!
Comments
Vessel Name: Seahawk X
Vessel Make/Model: Island Trader 41, Ketch
Hailing Port: Kingston, Ontario
Crew: Wendy, Burry, Maggie, Bartley (in our hearts)
About: Wendy and Burry have been married for 30+ years and moved aboard Seahawk when they were transfered from Maryland to New Jersey. Threw off the lines fall of 2010 and have been travelling the eastern seaboard and bahamas since.
Extra: We have two children we love a lot and miss, hoping they will visit us more once we are in the tropics lol. Tara is a budding bio scientist, recently married to Chris, and just completed her masters. Michael is in the Navel Reserve and has finished his degree and headed to Saskatoon with Megan.

The Adventures of the Vanderveers

Who: Wendy, Burry, Maggie, Bartley (in our hearts)
Port: Kingston, Ontario