Venture

Vessel Name: Venture
Vessel Make/Model: 42 Catalina Mk II
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: Lynn, Dorian, Amos, Andy
About: Admiral Lynn Heiberger commands the modest fleet of one Sailing Yacht and one Dinghy. Boat Skipper Dorian Cougias also serves as Chief Boatswain's Mate and Navigation Master. Co-Chief of the Boats are Chief Puppy Officers Amos J. Puhtsibokuhm and Andropolis Puppopolis.
06 July 2010 | Antioch CA
05 July 2010 | Benicia Marina
19 June 2010 | South Beach Marina, SF CA
18 June 2010 | Alameda CA
Recent Blog Posts
06 July 2010 | Antioch CA

Stuck in Antioch for the day

Well, didn't make it very far out of Benecia today. Got passed the Antioch bridge and it was blowing over 30 (gusting over 35), so we headed back around and into the Antioch harbor for the night.

05 July 2010 | Benicia Marina

Headed out for San Pablo Bay today

Headed out for an over night anchorage in China Basin today. When we left it was cool (60s) with high winds (in the mid 20s). When we got to China Basin it was cool (low 60s) and higher winds (25 and up). So we re set the main and headed in to Benicia Marina for a slip at the Yacht Club where it is 70ish. [...]

19 June 2010 | South Beach Marina, SF CA

Rejoined the South Beach Yacht Club!

We reached out to old friends like Norm Pearce and rejoined the South Beach Yacht Club this week. As you can see from the picture below, the clubhouse has undergone some major renovations. When we were members last, the clubhouse was a double-wide trailer!

18 June 2010 | Alameda CA

Its official - Venture is ours

Well by golly, we've got a boat again!

Its official - Venture is ours

18 June 2010 | Alameda CA
Dorian J. Cougias
Well by golly, we've got a boat again!

Venture (formerly SueBee) is a fantastic boat. She's a 2005 Catalina Mk II.

42 feet long, 13'10" wide, with a 6' keel (she draws a total of 6'8"), she is one heck of a beautiful lady.

Previously owned by a wonderful couple who kitted her out for cruising, she has everything we need.

The hard dodger is a fantastic wind breaker and the hard windows with UV coating don't even need to be covered. Her bimini can extend all the way back to offer complete sun and wind cover, or the center section can be easily removed for more breeze and more sun.

Her electronics are state of the art with a Nav station E120 connecting Radar, GPS (with Google Earth feed), AIS ship recognition, and even sonar for harbors and anchoring. The Nav station on the binnacle has a repeater to the video feed in the saloon so that those below can see everything on the nav station above.

She has two berths -- a berth in the after (that Amos and Andy have claimed as their own) and a Pullman berth forward.

For amenities below she has a full refrigerator with a mini freezer and a really nice state of the art water maker. To supplant the battery draw (she even has AGM batteries), the previous owners installed a super-quiet genset in the aft starboard lazerrette (which is also where the water maker is at).

For Sails she has an in-mast furling main, a 110 genoa, and a full size downwind Genneker as well. To make life easy she has a main electric winch on the starboard side.

All lines are lead aft and the previous owners also installed a great boom break and travelling genoa pulleys for better sail form.
Comments

About & Links