vinnalisa

13 October 2015
13 October 2015
10 October 2015
09 October 2015
09 October 2015
09 October 2015
08 October 2015
07 October 2015
07 October 2015
07 October 2015
07 October 2015
07 October 2015
07 October 2015
07 October 2015
05 October 2015
01 October 2015
29 September 2015

Infusionsoft Implementation Tips and Tricks

15 June 2015
integrate an automation crm - Being an Infusionsoft Certified Consultant (ICC), I spend the greater part of my day in Infusionsoft applications. I will be either building out new application or maintaining the applications of clients or myself. Being mindful of this I encounter nuances inside the software every day. These are not problems or bugs - you have to know by now that I think miracle traffic bot totally rocks. Instead they're little things that be more difficult to call tech support about rather than to actually receive the response to. But they are pretty big problem when you are focused on the very best end product possible not forgetting trying to stay efficient and "get it right the initial time" so you can "set it and lose focus on it". Here is a list of a number of the more common nuances and the way to work with them to enable you to avoid glitches and save time.


Always use Firefox when doing work in your Infusionsoft application. Nowadays, I am finding that the internet browsers Internet Explorer and Chrome are operating more consistently than Firefox, but when it comes to working in your Infusionsoft application, tolerate Firefox and use it all the time. To be clear: you can use IE to operate in your Infusionsoft application. However, all the programming tied to Infusionsoft works via Firefox - not necessarily true via IE (plus it doesn't work at all via Chrome yet). With an example, see the next tip.


Alt codes do not work when created using your IE browser. If you want a trademark symbol within an HTML email to get a web form, you can create one via the alt code "ALT0153" (this is not Infusionsoft specific - this is the general Alt code for ?). Should you prep an HTML email in your Infusionsoft application using the IE browser and you type in the trademark alt code, the ? WILL show up in the drag and drop builder. HOWEVER, the conclusion product WILL NOT be a ? - it will likely be a series of symbols that are 110% NOT what you wanted arriving in an email. Set up (or edit) the SAME EMAIL logged in via Firefox and you'll not have this problem after entering the alt code.


Usually do not copy paste an HTML email into the HTML email builder. I once had a client do that recently and then he spent a lot of time trying to edit and connect the formatting of the email he was attempting to build. I had to break it to him - it couldn't be saved - scrap it and start over. It seems like a fast way to prep a message, but it turns into a hot mess fast. Try taking some extra time and prep it properly. Which leads me to my next tip...


Place your copy into a text software before pasting it to the HTML email builder. Ms word copy LOOKS perfectly plain text - however it isn't. When you copy/paste copy from Word in your Infusionsoft application you will often find formatting "off" and symbols changes form. For example, apostrophes develop into question marks. For those who have copy prepped in a Word doc, copy and paste it into something similar to Notepad and then copy paste in your Infusionsoft email builder from there.
Comments