Taya's voyages after Patagonia

After Chilean "canales" from Puerto Montt to Puerto Williams in 2019, In 2020, Taya moves up the South Atlantic Coast, from Tierra Del Fuego to Baltimore.

Free at last!

14 March 2015 | Hampton,VA
ac
Yes, although hard to believe, we have managed to leave Crisfield. The boat is riding low in the water from all the stuff aboard including 400l of water and 300l of fuel. After doing some circles in the Tangier sound to calibrate the autopilot we exited the sound, entered the bay proper, and sailed until the wind died. The rest of the night was spent freezing our butts and motorsailing toward Norfolk.
The entrance to that bay always provides the needed adrenaline to get fully awake: navy ships small and large, fishing boats, freighters and barges coming in or getting out in great numbers and at great speeds. A kind of miniature Gibraltar.
We docked at the city pier in Hampton.
We'd first try a private marina but after docking, setting up the lines, doing the paperwork, learning the rates, having a near heart attack from learning the rates, recovering from that near heart attack, we decided to try our luck a few hundred yards upriver. Which is how we ended up at the city pier in Hampton: half the price, much nicer, next to the downtown pedestrian area and cafes.
Real departure for Panama hopefully Tuesday after a series of lows exit the area.
Comments
Vessel Name: Taya
Vessel Make/Model: Passoa 50
Hailing Port: Dover, Delaware
Crew: Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay
Extra: Katy, author posting the blog.
Social:
Taya's Photos - Main
Fall 2019 trip from Puerto Montt to Puerto WIlliam
10 Photos
Created 6 November 2019
December 2017
1 Photo
Created 27 December 2017
Prep for the Southern Ocean
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
New Zealand prep
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
3 Photos
Created 3 October 2017
3 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
2 Photos
Created 24 January 2015