Taya's voyages after Patagonia

After Chilean "canales" from Puerto Montt to Puerto Williams in 2019, In 2020, Taya moves up the South Atlantic Coast, from Tierra Del Fuego to Baltimore.

Day 59: Nuku Hiva

15 May 2015 | Taiohae baie on Nuku Hiva
Alan
So we just anchored in Taiohae baie on Nuku Hiva and are having lunch. We got a rainsquall as we entered but its a big sheltered bay so anchoring was easy. By comparison the Bay of Virgin was much smaller and we had anchored in 130ft of water which meant that we had 300ft of chain out!. Here we're in 50ft of water with 150ft of anchor chain out in a large anchorage where the boats are far apart from each other.
Last night was hell because we were sick from something bad we ate; Nathaniel quickly pointed the finger at the omelette I had made, presumably because the eggs date back to Panama (35 days at 90F storage) but I think he 's basically being unfair because none of the "eggs" I put in smelled bad: I had covered each with vaseline in Panama. Anyway we polished off a bottle of liquid pink plaster of Paris between the 2 of us. So we kinda skipped dinner and breakfast. We are now feeling better.
In a few minutes we'll go ashore and clear in at the Gendarmerie (pretending we're just arriving from Panama).
As far as [whether to fly to Rangiroa or wait in Tahiti]
It all depends about the provisionning in Rangiroa. The advantage of us picking you up in Papeete is that we'll be able to provision better. It's only a couple days sail from Rangiroa to Papeete. On the other hand Rangoroa is pretty well developed so we might be able to find stuff there. So we don't have strong feelings either way. SO decide what is best for you, although Nathaniel and I feel that Papeete is marginally better.
Nathaniel and I plan to scout out Ahe and Rangiroa. So we can go back there with you with our newly acquired knowledge.. Then we should also do Moorea which is a stone's throw NW of Tahiti. Then we can play it by ear for other atolls and Bora Bora. All these islands are close to each other.

....
ok Nat is in the dinghy, time to go meet the bureaucratie francaise.
Comments
Vessel Name: Taya
Vessel Make/Model: Passoa 50
Hailing Port: Dover, Delaware
Crew: Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay
Extra: Katy, author posting the blog.
Social:
Taya's Photos - Main
Fall 2019 trip from Puerto Montt to Puerto WIlliam
10 Photos
Created 6 November 2019
December 2017
1 Photo
Created 27 December 2017
Prep for the Southern Ocean
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
New Zealand prep
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
3 Photos
Created 3 October 2017
3 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
2 Photos
Created 24 January 2015