Taya's voyages after Patagonia

After Chilean "canales" from Puerto Montt to Puerto Williams in 2019, In 2020, Taya moves up the South Atlantic Coast, from Tierra Del Fuego to Baltimore.

Day 71

27 May 2015
Alan
Wednesday 1:44
So far we've had the incredible scenery of the BAy of Virgins, then the "big" and busy Marquesan village of Taiohae with a bank and a gendarmerie, and then the literary anchorage with an archaeological twist at Taipivai.... but now we are anchored in paradise: blue and clean water, fringing reef, white sand beach, sheltered anchorage (no swell or waves) with tall rugged peaks surrounding the bay, a coconut grove behind the beach, and even semi traditional (outboard motor) fishing canoes with outriggers....whao! I don't think I ever seen a place as beautiful in my entire life. And it's not crowded (5 boats anchored in all). In the late afternoon we took a dinghy ride to the beach: there are a few houses and I talked to a local guy who had his canoe anchored just off the beach. A really nice guy with legit polynesian tatoos. I asked him about the water, the restaurant Chez Yvonne in the next bay over and the trail to get there, and complimented him for living in the most beautiful place in the world.
Today I think I'll just sit and look at the surroundings....
Comments
Vessel Name: Taya
Vessel Make/Model: Passoa 50
Hailing Port: Dover, Delaware
Crew: Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay
Extra: Katy, author posting the blog.
Social:
Taya's Photos - Main
Fall 2019 trip from Puerto Montt to Puerto WIlliam
10 Photos
Created 6 November 2019
December 2017
1 Photo
Created 27 December 2017
Prep for the Southern Ocean
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
New Zealand prep
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
3 Photos
Created 3 October 2017
3 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
2 Photos
Created 24 January 2015