Taya's voyages after Patagonia

After Chilean "canales" from Puerto Montt to Puerto Williams in 2019, In 2020, Taya moves up the South Atlantic Coast, from Tierra Del Fuego to Baltimore.

Day 76: Departing Atiheu

01 June 2015
End of day the 31st
I worked all day on the fridge and the fresh water, although working in this setting doesn't really count as work. When I get tired of being in an inverted pretzel sweating bricks, I just go on deck and watch the time go by. Anyway I did some good work on both accounts. So now we are drinking cold beers and will watch our 3 rd CLint Eastwood western in as many nights.
Remember that getting all the stuff from the list does NOT make you a better more involved person. ... So if any of the other stuff I sent you annoys you or just looking at the whole thing does, just forget it en masse or separately. It's just that I know you're good at getting stuff done so I'm exploiting it!
Tonight it's our famous canned roast beef and mashed potatoes courtesy of Costco via CBC retailers!
Good night!

June the first
I read the Patagonia -Tierra del Fuego part of Back at the Helm this am over breakfast.

...[discussion of NACC's immunizations]

We're going to leave for Atiheu some time today. We might try to Skype tonight since we heard that we can get wifi there. Are you going to game [trivia]? But don't change your plans since it is so unreliable. Just email when you'll be available tonight.

More stuff to bring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fishing: we have to improve. We have big reels called Penn Senators. ...Can you walk down the stairs to the basement and look on the wood shelves and metal shelves along the stairs if you see one. Don't look into things, it should just be there in plain sight if it is there indeed. They are essentially a chrome drum about 4" in diameter with a crank on the side (they don't look like the little reels we're used to). And maybe you could ask Jimmy what we need to make a trolling line to catch fish up to 10lbs say, or maybe if you go to walmart in the next few days go to their fishing counter and ask there.
.... 15 days to go.

Comments
Vessel Name: Taya
Vessel Make/Model: Passoa 50
Hailing Port: Dover, Delaware
Crew: Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay
Extra: Katy, author posting the blog.
Social:
Taya's Photos - Main
Fall 2019 trip from Puerto Montt to Puerto WIlliam
10 Photos
Created 6 November 2019
December 2017
1 Photo
Created 27 December 2017
Prep for the Southern Ocean
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
New Zealand prep
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
3 Photos
Created 3 October 2017
3 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
2 Photos
Created 24 January 2015