Taya's voyages after Patagonia

After Chilean "canales" from Puerto Montt to Puerto Williams in 2019, In 2020, Taya moves up the South Atlantic Coast, from Tierra Del Fuego to Baltimore.

Sunday-new time zone

05 February 2018 | The Southern Ocean
Alan
New time zone. We killed 5 and have 3 more to go after this one...
....And today we entered Mountain Time Zone! Yep we're at GMT-7 Anyway , the cabin was at 15C (59F) this morning when I woke up: not so bad; the 95% humidity though is a little harder to take. Thank god, by opening the cabin door and galley hatch I managed to drop it to 94.7%!
Outside is same ol' same ol': cold wind, grey ocean, grey skies but this morning there is just a gentle breeze; 15kts! Now that's a welcome change. The gribs look pretty bad for 48hrs next week: wind totally on the nose predicted in the mid-twenties; which means upper 20's real with gusts around 30; and that means no way to go to weather down in this part of the world. So maybe we'll have to heave to for a couple days waiting for normal weather patterns to come back. I just have the GFS model though so I don't know how reliable the forecast is.
Yesterday vacuumed bilge of about 16l of water so the leak on deck/forepeak still exists after I taped the windlass and the chain locker hatch! We also cleaned the paddle wheel of the log which was grossly underestimating our speed through water. It's better now.
I did some Math with Janneke; I didn't read yesterday. Janneke made some crepes that we had with apples/cheese/proscuitto/pineapple/eggs....in a word whatever we could get our hands on and that sounded good.
I can hear Randy really well so I'm hoping to talk to him for a while yet. Maybe we should try a phone patch when you get back home. Randy just patches me through the US phone network from HAwaii and it just rings like a regular phone call on your cell phone.
I'm sorry you had/have to watch the superbowl; what a terrible drudgery!
Comments
Vessel Name: Taya
Vessel Make/Model: Passoa 50
Hailing Port: Dover, Delaware
Crew: Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay
Extra: Katy, author posting the blog.
Social:
Taya's Photos - Main
Fall 2019 trip from Puerto Montt to Puerto WIlliam
10 Photos
Created 6 November 2019
December 2017
1 Photo
Created 27 December 2017
Prep for the Southern Ocean
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
New Zealand prep
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
3 Photos
Created 3 October 2017
3 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
2 Photos
Created 24 January 2015