Taya's voyages after Patagonia

After Chilean "canales" from Puerto Montt to Puerto Williams in 2019, In 2020, Taya moves up the South Atlantic Coast, from Tierra Del Fuego to Baltimore.

Breath-taking show of Dolphins: Wednesday April 22

23 April 2020 | East of the Brazilian coast
Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay | Doldrums
Crappy night and morning with lots of rain some squalls and flogging sails, or engine. But big treat at 2pm: we came very close to the coast of a little atoll (Atol de Las Rocas) just to the west of the famous F de Noronha island which is on the cruising routes both north and southbound out of or into the doldrums. There we had dolphins put a breathtaking show like I've never seen before. They would jump about 15-18 ft straight up in the air, coming out of the water perfectly vertical, and then arch and almost plane down to an splashy "landing" , and there were at least 3 species of dolphin (the small one the regular ones and some really big ones like 13ft.... and they swam together) Then 10 minutes later we catch a Barracuda but I have misgivings about eating it since the atoll might have a lagoon and the barracuda might just have been out of the lagoon for an evening stroll but mostly eat lagoon fish??? although he really went for our lure!
I'll be careful anyway and first eat a tiny piece and digest it first, if we do decide to cook it the following day.
We motoring right now and we should be out of the doldrums by Friday.
But till then it's going to be the iron Genoa a lot!!! (the engine!)
Comments
Vessel Name: Taya
Vessel Make/Model: Passoa 50
Hailing Port: Dover, Delaware
Crew: Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay
Extra: Katy, author posting the blog.
Social:
Taya's Photos - Main
Fall 2019 trip from Puerto Montt to Puerto WIlliam
10 Photos
Created 6 November 2019
December 2017
1 Photo
Created 27 December 2017
Prep for the Southern Ocean
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
New Zealand prep
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
3 Photos
Created 3 October 2017
3 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
2 Photos
Created 24 January 2015