Taya's voyages after Patagonia

After Chilean "canales" from Puerto Montt to Puerto Williams in 2019, In 2020, Taya moves up the South Atlantic Coast, from Tierra Del Fuego to Baltimore.

May 2 and Easing Tradewinds

02 May 2020
Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay | sunny
We are still going fast; now we 've averaged 8kts over the last 1000nm. The trades are easing somewhat now so our speed this afternoon is a little slower (but above 7kts). With that came some nicer weather though, higher pressure and blue skies which were welcome.
The fishing involved bringing back a lot of sargasso weeds with the lure so no fish today. We've landed some large flying fish on deck in the past few days but now there are much smaller but more numerous. Annina kinda collects the ones landing on our deck so we have a menagerie of some sort hanging from the line in the cockpit under the bimini: 9 flying fish in various stages of drying out and of course several twigs of sargasso weed; plus the unavoidable jaw of the barracuda and his menacing fangs. Noah's arc must have looked like an abandonned ship compared to Taya right now!
pos 12d55 N and 53d44m W moving at about 8kts on a course of 305d True.
ships are getting more numerous again: today we saw 2: one supertanker and another on the ais but we could actually get a sighting because it was too far.The island waypoint is just 514 nm away now. My inkling would be to shortly stop in the USVI for fuel and fresh provisioning if possible then go on to the Turks and Caicos and asking for the authorization to anchor for a few days to rest and do a bit of maintenance work without the need to step ashore (anchor on Bug Sand Cay for instance). Maybe clean up the boat, do some laundry etc...
The piece you sent me on Bolsonaro is scary but not surprising which is why I wanted to leave Brazil before the situation got bad.
Comments
Vessel Name: Taya
Vessel Make/Model: Passoa 50
Hailing Port: Dover, Delaware
Crew: Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay
Extra: Katy, author posting the blog.
Social:
Taya's Photos - Main
Fall 2019 trip from Puerto Montt to Puerto WIlliam
10 Photos
Created 6 November 2019
December 2017
1 Photo
Created 27 December 2017
Prep for the Southern Ocean
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
New Zealand prep
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
3 Photos
Created 3 October 2017
3 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
2 Photos
Created 24 January 2015