Livin the Dream!!

25 March 2024
19 March 2024 | Tenacatita
13 March 2024
13 March 2024
03 March 2024
28 February 2024
28 February 2024
28 February 2024
28 February 2024 | day 2
13 February 2024 | LaCruz Marina
01 February 2024
01 February 2024 | San Juanico
25 January 2024
20 January 2024 | San Quintin (no not the prison!)
16 January 2024 | ensenada
13 January 2024
29 November 2023 | Back at Das Boat!

Mazatlan....new home

29 January 2011
We are here!!! It was an OK trip north with wind on the nose the whole way it took up about 30 hrs to get here. Just as we were pulling into the harbor after a very exciting fuel dock experience....I saw "Scott Free" with Monica and Scott on board. In my usual high pitched "YYYEEEEHAW!" they knew what band of sea gypsies just pulled into town!

We weren't tied up for 5 minutes and they were here with a welcome gift of Her fine tequilla from her b-day. We had a sip and met their friend David who crewed from La Paz to here with them. They changed their dinner reservation till later so we could join them at the top of the dock for a fine mexican feast. And a good meal is just what the doctor ordered.

Next day, we met my new boat sitter Tony who seams to really have his act together. It was a 2 hr meet and greet with Wades Aweigh. He now knows all the leaks, shut offs, engine, bilge and a multitiude of other "New" projects we may jump into later....namely "issues" that can't be ignored. He quickly offered his taxi services to us which has been great. Yesterdays trip to the marine store was a bust as it was closed for siesta time! Dad and I took the bus back to the marina..and got back to work. The winterization process has begun and lasted till past dark. Today we will finish up most of the rest, and Sunday will strip all the cushions and lock down the boat for the monsoon season.

Feels really weird going home. It has been an unbelievable long vacation for me....more on that later....getting the eyeball from Dad...the list awaits!!
Comments
Vessel Name: wades aweigh
Vessel Make/Model: 1974 Irwin 37
Hailing Port: anacortes, wa
Crew: Captain Lawnboy!
About: Me? well, retired pseudo landscaper turned worldsailor and adventure junkieā€¦.chasing new horizons one ocean at a time
Extra: I bought the boat from mom & dad in 1999 and have been restoring her to current glory ever since. It's a work in progress. This blog is an accounting of my travels raw and uncut.
wades aweigh's Photos - Main
20 Photos
Created 3 March 2024
misc pics of the trip so far!!!
68 Photos
Created 27 December 2010
misc stuff
No Photos
Created 26 December 2009
From Everett to San Diego in 2 weeks
6 Photos
Created 23 September 2009
Thanks for taking time to look up my blog! You are now on board with the COOLEST dream EVER!!