Footnotes from Water Music

Sicily to New Zealand on Water Music Wauquiez Centurion 45

Vessel Name: Water Music
Vessel Make/Model: Wauquiez Centurion 45
Crew: Stephen Foot, Grace Foot, Charlie Foot, Fergus Mutch
08 November 2019
08 November 2019
31 October 2019 | Opua, Bay of Islands
31 October 2019 | Opua, Bay of Islands
27 October 2019 | 250 miles North of New Zealand
26 October 2019 | West of Norfolk Island
25 October 2019 | West of New Caledonia
22 October 2019 | West of New Caledonia
21 October 2019
21 October 2019
21 October 2019 | Musket Cove
20 October 2019 | Navula Passage, Fiji
19 October 2019 | Muskett Cove
14 October 2019
14 October 2019 | Nanuya
12 October 2019
12 October 2019
09 October 2019 | Makongai in Fiji
26 September 2019 | Vanua Mbalvu in the Lau Islands of Fiji
Recent Blog Posts
08 November 2019

08 November 2019

And so to bed!

31 October 2019 | Opua, Bay of Islands

And so to bed

The last week has passed in something of a blur as we have put the boat to bed and sought to balance this with some more fun things to do in one of the most beautiful parts of the world.

31 October 2019 | Opua, Bay of Islands

Journey's end

When we last completed a blog, we were looking for some wind to get some respite from the mirror flat seas we were experiencing. We found it!

27 October 2019 | 250 miles North of New Zealand

Signs of life

Our position: 30.00S, 170.07E

26 October 2019 | West of Norfolk Island

Turning for New Zealand

Our Position: 26.47S, 169.21E

Day 6

03 January 2019 | En route towards Cape Verde
stephen foot
The sight of Freebird, on a very large ocean, was a very welcome and surreal sight. The watch had seen them closing on us all night and they came along side at breakfast. There was plenty of sign language, and we could just about shout at each other - Hampshire on Sea taken to extreme! We think we would be the only boats on this part of the ocean for at least 100 miles each way. Stephen gave them an excellent display on how to raise the spinnaker, and hopefully they would have taken some very good photos of Water Music under full sail, proudly displaying our very smart red kite. At about lunchtime, they decided to head further north and we waved them goodbye and wished them well. We thought they were heading into a bit of a wind hole, one we were trying to avoid, so we struck to our bearing, heading a bit south, to benefit from the still good wind.

Lunch was delicious, rustled up by Ian - the most delightfully fresh fish, green salad and a glass or two of white - we are eating very well and I take my hat off to Graham and Ian who seem so capable of preparing a delicious meal, irrespective of the sea conditions. We are working our way through the fridge - chicken, beef and fish have been on the menu so far. Our fresh stocks are dwindling, but the fruit and veg seems to be holding up well - we will try and catch another fish as and when it is required.

Late afternoon the weather seemed set for a change, and the seas became more confused. Spinnaker down, a couple of the reefs in the main, seemed to be a sensible precaution. Nick's sea legs slightly gave in at this stage, and he became the first to succumb to sea sickness - hopefully a brief passing phase, and all is good now. The winds got up, an electrical storm was very apparent, and we had an interesting night. Graham and Stephen coped brilliantly with the conditions, which were quite severe at times. Water Music performed brilliantly, and things gradually settled down during the night. Not many stars to look at which was a shame.

So all is well. We are on our final course to Antigua, with a mere 2000 miles left to run. The winds seem steady, the kite is up, and all is well.

2000 Nm left to run.

Love to All

The happy crew on Water Music
Comments
Water Music's Photos - Main
Photos from Charlie and Fergus, from Tongatapu to Vava'u
25 Photos
Created 9 September 2019
No Photos
Created 27 May 2019
No Photos
Created 17 April 2019
1 Photo
Created 31 March 2019
7 Photos
Created 22 January 2019
No Photos
Created 21 January 2019

About & Links