Footnotes from Water Music

Sicily to New Zealand on Water Music Wauquiez Centurion 45

Vessel Name: Water Music
Vessel Make/Model: Wauquiez Centurion 45
Crew: Stephen Foot, Grace Foot, Charlie Foot, Fergus Mutch
08 November 2019
08 November 2019
31 October 2019 | Opua, Bay of Islands
31 October 2019 | Opua, Bay of Islands
27 October 2019 | 250 miles North of New Zealand
26 October 2019 | West of Norfolk Island
25 October 2019 | West of New Caledonia
22 October 2019 | West of New Caledonia
21 October 2019
21 October 2019
21 October 2019 | Musket Cove
20 October 2019 | Navula Passage, Fiji
19 October 2019 | Muskett Cove
14 October 2019
14 October 2019 | Nanuya
12 October 2019
12 October 2019
09 October 2019 | Makongai in Fiji
26 September 2019 | Vanua Mbalvu in the Lau Islands of Fiji
Recent Blog Posts
08 November 2019

08 November 2019

And so to bed!

31 October 2019 | Opua, Bay of Islands

And so to bed

The last week has passed in something of a blur as we have put the boat to bed and sought to balance this with some more fun things to do in one of the most beautiful parts of the world.

31 October 2019 | Opua, Bay of Islands

Journey's end

When we last completed a blog, we were looking for some wind to get some respite from the mirror flat seas we were experiencing. We found it!

27 October 2019 | 250 miles North of New Zealand

Signs of life

Our position: 30.00S, 170.07E

26 October 2019 | West of Norfolk Island

Turning for New Zealand

Our Position: 26.47S, 169.21E

San Cristobal

17 April 2019 | Galapagos- Pacific Ocean
stephen foot
We arrived safe and sound in Wreck Bay in San Cristobal at first light on Monday morning and were met almost immediately to be told our agent would arrive within an hour. He came along and then brought the inspection. Including the diver, who checked the cleanliness of our hull, we had ten officials on board - who seemed to be doing lots of writing in very uncomfortable positions alligned in the cockpit. I was struggling to work out what they were actually writing as the only details we had given them were our passports and the boat details - which they were all merrily writing out. It felt a little like a writing test in a primary school. Fortunately we passed the test (or was it them that passed the handwriting test?!) and then there was time for photographs. (Harry F - these would make your mother's photos look good). There were pictures of the bottom of the boat, the chart table, the instruments (covers left on so no idea what was underneath), the back of the engine, the medical chest (not the contents). Finally when everyone was off the boat, it was left to Susanne dressed from top to toe in what looked like a Guantanamo Bay suit to explode a bomb down below and tell us not to go back on the boat for 4 hours. Apparently this would kill off any bugs we had. It very nearly didnt work as, just as she was about to set it off one of the departing officials slipped as a motor boat went past, leaving a huge wake and very nearly kicked her bomb gun straight over the side. However all was well and we were cleared into Galapagos.

We spent the afternoon gently pottering around and arranging a tour of the island and Mark's departure for Isabella. On Tuesday, we were met by Jessica at 0800 and taken on a full day tour of the island - driving up and down the one road outside the one village on the island. We saw Giant Turtles, Turtles swimming, sea lions (How do we keep them off the back of the boat?), marine and land iguanas, Boobies (blue footed) and loads of frigates, beaches, huge lakes, tree houses and managed to squeeze in a good lunch as well.

Wednesday morning, Mark left us and we are now basking in warm sunshine and planning to head to Santa Cruz on Wednesday. We meet up with him on Friday and then do our crew swop - with Brian Matthews joining us. We are loving the Galapagos and so not sure when to leave for the next leg. It is 3000Nm so will need to gear up for it.
Comments
Water Music's Photos - Main
Photos from Charlie and Fergus, from Tongatapu to Vava'u
25 Photos
Created 9 September 2019
No Photos
Created 27 May 2019
No Photos
Created 17 April 2019
1 Photo
Created 31 March 2019
7 Photos
Created 22 January 2019
No Photos
Created 21 January 2019

About & Links