Footnotes from Water Music

Sicily to New Zealand on Water Music Wauquiez Centurion 45

Vessel Name: Water Music
Vessel Make/Model: Wauquiez Centurion 45
Crew: Stephen Foot, Grace Foot, Charlie Foot, Fergus Mutch
08 November 2019
08 November 2019
31 October 2019 | Opua, Bay of Islands
31 October 2019 | Opua, Bay of Islands
27 October 2019 | 250 miles North of New Zealand
26 October 2019 | West of Norfolk Island
25 October 2019 | West of New Caledonia
22 October 2019 | West of New Caledonia
21 October 2019
21 October 2019
21 October 2019 | Musket Cove
20 October 2019 | Navula Passage, Fiji
19 October 2019 | Muskett Cove
14 October 2019
14 October 2019 | Nanuya
12 October 2019
12 October 2019
09 October 2019 | Makongai in Fiji
26 September 2019 | Vanua Mbalvu in the Lau Islands of Fiji
Recent Blog Posts
08 November 2019

08 November 2019

And so to bed!

31 October 2019 | Opua, Bay of Islands

And so to bed

The last week has passed in something of a blur as we have put the boat to bed and sought to balance this with some more fun things to do in one of the most beautiful parts of the world.

31 October 2019 | Opua, Bay of Islands

Journey's end

When we last completed a blog, we were looking for some wind to get some respite from the mirror flat seas we were experiencing. We found it!

27 October 2019 | 250 miles North of New Zealand

Signs of life

Our position: 30.00S, 170.07E

26 October 2019 | West of Norfolk Island

Turning for New Zealand

Our Position: 26.47S, 169.21E

Anyone got an umbrella?

04 September 2019 | Nuapapu - North and South
Grace
Position: 18.43.18S, 174.06.1W

After saying a sad goodbye to Charlie and Fergus we were back to just the two of us again. Stephen was distracted by problems with the electronics - we now seemed to be in a position where the main display for all our nav systems wasn't picking up anything. That meant we couldn't get a GPS position on charts and probably that the autopilot would not work again! It didn't bode well for a potential 2 handed sail from Vava'u to Fiji in a couple of weeks. After some helpful advice from fellow yachties - in effect stop trying to take short cuts, but go through all the electrics systematically and methodically, we found a series of less than perfect connections and it all seems to be working again. It was not the software or hardware issue that he had feared! With a bit more provisioning done we decided to set out for one of the pretty local anchorages before the bad weather was due to set in the following day. Luckily for us we arrived to find a local Tongan feast had already been organised on the beach for that evening. Love Child came to join us along with four other boats. Fabbi brought his guitar, Stephen his Ukele (thankfully one of the locals took that over), and we enjoyed a really delicious meal including a suckling pig spit roasted, and many other Tongan dishes. Unfortunately the wind got up as predicted during the night and although we didn't drag it wasn't the most comfortable of nights. The following day we motored to the other side of the bay, following Love Child's early departure (they were dragging anchors) and we went all of three miles to a more sheltered spot. Thank goodness we did as that night we had ab out 3�" of rain and big gusts of wind. We were very cosy after a delicious curry on Love Child (not a major contributor to the wind gusts) and enjoyed a peaceful night after a walk through the island. This morning saw little activity on Water Music. We managed a snorkel over a vibrant coral reef and then motored back to the spot from 2 nights ago as the wind has swung right round and we will be more protected. We are assured that this weather front will be through tomorrow and so are hoping for a better weekend of weather.
Comments
Water Music's Photos - Main
Photos from Charlie and Fergus, from Tongatapu to Vava'u
25 Photos
Created 9 September 2019
No Photos
Created 27 May 2019
No Photos
Created 17 April 2019
1 Photo
Created 31 March 2019
7 Photos
Created 22 January 2019
No Photos
Created 21 January 2019

About & Links