sailing pacific

15 February 2011 | Panama
14 February 2011 | Panama
15 November 2010 | Portobello
26 October 2010 | West Lemmons
26 October 2010 | San Blas
10 September 2010
04 September 2010
04 September 2010
04 September 2010
14 July 2010 | Spanish Waters
15 June 2010 | Spanish Waters
15 June 2010 | Spanish Waters
02 June 2010 | Salinas
02 June 2010 | Sun Bay
02 June 2010
19 May 2010 | Ensenada Honda
15 May 2010 | Archipelago Culebra
11 May 2010 | Ensenada Honda
06 May 2010 | Culebra
04 May 2010 | USVI

Flamenco Beach Culebra

02 June 2010
Gaynor
FLAMENCO BEACH CULEBRA
20th MAY
Our last day in Culebra decided to walk across to see Flamenco Bay. A pleasant walk but a long one for Vossie. Long white beach with surrounding reefs. Very popular beach even though it wasn't the weekend. Lots of kiosks with food and drink. Also the beach of choice where people get married. There was also a camping site for tents only, no vehicles allowed.
The boys went off to locate the old abandoned tanks left behind by the US army and Debbie and I sat on the beach resting the legs and enjoying our beers.
Ended up catching a bus back to the dinghy which was a 10 minute ride and were dropped off in front of bar of choice, Bateys, where we had another beer before heading back to our boats to ready ourselves for departure to Vieques the following day.
21st May
We left Ensenada Honda at 11.00 am and snagged a mooring buoy when picking up the anchor. Vossie injured his hand during this exercise, cutting his finger,....not a good start to the day. The first part of the trip we had a good sail and things looked good but then we lost the wind and had to motor sail. Then we lost revs and another problem revealed itself, as I said bad start to the day. The gearbox was losing oil, so Vossie had to keep on topping with oil to get us to our destination.
Eventually we arrived in Sunbay, Vieques at 5.45pm. I steered us onto the mooring buoy and Vossie picked up and we were safe for the night. I'm getting better at this mooring exercise.
Comments
Vessel Name: Talacam
Vessel Make/Model: Sampson C Farer
Hailing Port: Durban / StMaarten
Crew: Gaynor
About: She is my wife. AND the admiral.
Extra: we are currently in St Maarten getting the boat ready for the rest of the journey. Cuba,Caymans,Belize,Honduras,Nicaragua,Costa Rica, Panama and San Blas. Then through the Panama and into the Pacific. Ultimately OZ or NZ.

Vossie {Vorster}

Who: Gaynor
Port: Durban / StMaarten