Pacific Adventures on WheytoGo

Our magical sailing experience has begun....

Sea lions, Whale Sharks and Silliness_Day 6 & 7

12 April 2016
Sharon
DAY 6 After a lazy morning of internet surfing and watching the resident small pink stingray flap its way across marina waters, we dressed and headed to downtown La Paz for souvenir shopping. Walking up and down the hilly sidewalks was tiring in the hot sun, and our dear Houston friend soon lagged behind, complaining that her short legs required 2 steps to our every one. We toured the local whale museum (fascinating) and sampled the "best chocolate ice cream around" according to Andy, at La Fuente on the Malecon. After a couple of hours, we headed to the notorious Tailhunter bar further down the Malecon (some by taxi, some by foot) and sipped cooling mojitos and mango drinks on the third story level of the palapa bar, looking out over the sparkling bay. After a taxi ride back to the marina, we headed to the beach area in hopes of watching the Houston/Golden State basketball playoff game on the bar screen, but alas, it was not available. A quick dip in the beautiful infinity pool, then a warm up in the hot tub as the sun slipped gracefully behind the horizon, and another day came to an end all too quickly.

DAY 7 The last full day (how had the week gone by that quickly?) was spent lounging on the beach, wading in the beautiful infinity pool, and re-hashing our adventures, committing the beautiful setting to memory. After a few efforts at paddle boarding, then a dinghy ride back to the boat, we dressed for dinner and headed into town for a magnificent (and very inexpensive) dinner feast in the outdoor courtyard of the Mesquite Grille, a fitting finish to a magical week. Then it was back to the boat for our guests to complete packing for an early morning ride back to the airport in Cabo, 2 hrs. away.
Comments
Vessel Name: Wheytogo
Vessel Make/Model: Leopard 44 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Austin Texas USA
Crew: Ian Steele & Sharon Lockhart
Extra: MMSI 367701140 WDI 4695 Contact email: wheytogo44@gmail.com
Wheytogo's Photos - Main
24 Photos
Created 10 March 2016
1 Photo | 3 Sub-Albums
Created 30 November 2015
30 Photos | 1 Sub-Album
Created 31 July 2015
2 Photos
Created 12 June 2015